Corsa quandary.

Saw-sick Steve

Wife's Corsa, having reached the 100,000 mile mark, decided to break timing chain last week with the outcome being a replacement engine needed, and I'm now undecided what to do. Been quoted anything between £850 to north of £2k for a secondhand engine, plus delivery and fitting, and there's no guarantee of engine mileage plus a short to very short warranty with that.

Options at the moment are bite the bullet and get a cheapish engine fitted and hope for the best, or stick it on E-Bay and see if anyone wants it for a project. Right aftr Xmas as well...:thumbdown:

Car is an ecoflex 1.3 tdi on a 60 plate that we bought at the end of it's rental period and is worth a bit less than £3k, - any advice gratefully received. :thumbup1:

Car is an ecoflex 1.3 tdi on a 60 plate that we bought at the end of it's rental period and is worth a bit less than £3k, - any advice gratefully received. :thumbup1:

It's a shame; one of the managers at the old firm wrote a 61 plate off last summer but the insurers have the vehicle now, it was only cosmetic damage.

I'd hold out for a engine off ebay for ~400 or less. I have done the same successfully with 2 08 fiesta, transit connect, pug 206 and put a new engine in a 60 plate transit with 100k miles.. On any of them the parts, like gaskets, timing chains etc would have exceeded the cost of the second-hand engine.

I did have one hard-working fitter of the two to do the work though.