Damn right! A MUST READ.

Sorry I actually was just trying to put a clearer version up as a copy was sitting on top of my scanner , I did't mean for it to be so big, I have no axe to grind.

:thumbup1:

It still made a good point though!

Back on thread, up here it is not uncommon to drive through the forests past stacks of harvested timber which are literally years old. Most of these are the remnants of a previously larger pile which the wagons could not be bothered to collect as a part load. Bad news for the harvesters as they are often sold on to the general public for firewood.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have missed my point entirely

As have you mine! :001_rolleyes:

In your own words...........

I was not comparing the 90day terms with forestry terms.

Exactly, so why assume these forestry contractors won't be sufficiently hacked off to actually do something about it.

The three month payment thing is no big deal as long as you're dealing with a company who actually pays you. When I was contracting some of the best paying work I had was as a "subby", I was actually quite happy when I spoke to someone who was too precious to deal with the terms as it meant more work for me. :biggrin:

Sorry I actually was just trying to put a clearer version up as a copy was sitting on top of my scanner , I did't mean for it to be so big, I have no axe to grind.

Dont worry about it Rosey, I just read it on google earth and will print it off later and wallpaper the office with it :001_smile:

As wrong as the situation is there is not much in that article most of us dont already know, perhaps the guys on the harvesters should unite and form a consortium, strength in numbers and all that. As individuals they are ripe for shafting.

Bob

As have you mine! :001_rolleyes:

In your own words...........

Exactly, so why assume these forestry contractors won't be sufficiently hacked off to actually do something about it.

The three month payment thing is no big deal as long as you're dealing with a company who actually pays you. When I was contracting some of the best paying work I had was as a "subby", I was actually quite happy when I spoke to someone who was too precious to deal with the terms as it meant more work for me. :biggrin:

I "assumed" nothing, I was simply giving an opinion.

I'm not "precious" I guess I'm just fortunate to have plenty of work for people who don't expect me to act as their overdraft :001_smile:

Dont worry about it Rosey, I just read it on google earth and will print it off later and wallpaper the office with it :001_smile:

As wrong as the situation is there is not much in that article most of us dont already know, perhaps the guys on the harvesters should unite and form a consortium, strength in numbers and all that. As individuals they are ripe for shafting.

Bob

Some sort of union to look out for one n nother!?

That would never do!

Bob

Thing is though bob no one ever does get together, I know of two friends that were friends with each other until recently are now in competition with each other to obtain work by undercutting each other,

Some sort of union to look out for one n nother!?

That would never do!

Thing is though bob no one ever does get together, I know of two friends that were friends with each other until recently are now in competition with each other to obtain work by undercutting each other,

Its a shame really because there are not that many of them out there, I read somewhere a few years ago that there are app three hundred active harvesters in the uk. That may be bollocks , does anyone have up to date figures on this?

Bob

Hoping you can zoom in and read the attached photograph. (or copy and paste, enlarge, rotate as neccessary etc)

I for one am happy to get "militant" about it.

Sums up my life perfectly.

I read that yesterday evening. Thought it was a brilliant article. I thought of you as i read it.