Recommend me a pressure washer

Matthew Storrs

Bought a small Nilfisk about 10yrs ago to wash the occasional bike or any other small job that wasn't worth the trouble of hitching up our tractor driven washer. The tractor washer is now laid up and hasn't been on for a good number of years as the wee Nilfisk does everything.

When it breaks it'll be replaced with another, no question.

Oh, before the Nilfisk there had always been a similar type handy/electric washer of various makes (including Karcher) about the place, none of them ever done as much or lasted anything like as long as the Nilfisk!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another vote for Nilfisk, a real quality product. I bought the 150 bar one a few years ago after my Karcher packed up. The 150 bar shifts a lot more from patios compared to the 110 or 130 bar machines. Yes, it is quite a lot more than £200 but worth every penny in my view.

...nilfisk... and I was told that they were made by stihl...
Other way around, Stihl are rebranded Nilfisks.

Check out the Nilfisk E 145.3-10 at clean store for £220
Looks like a good recommendation IMO.

I've had several domestic Karcher's and they've had durability issues, replaced with a Nilfisk a couple of years ago and it's been much better.

Matt Storrs> get a decent patio cleaner attachment, makes for a faster and much cleaner job.

Sometimes one comes bundled with the machine but it's invariably the budget version. These are too light IME and with a half decent washer they take off. I bought an adaptor to use my old Karcher one on the Nilfisk, but Nilfisk's Patio Plus is the one to go for (£33 from Argos), the handles make it easier to use them on vertical surfaces whilst the extra weight prevents lift off.:thumbup:

I know the original poster said electric but those portable petrol washers are much better, will work out of a bucket, got a bit more power and are in the same price range. This one is the same as the one I bought about ten years ago and its been trouble free FoxHunter Petrol Power Pressure Jet Washer 2200PSI 6.5HP Engine With Gun Hose | eBay

Bob