nissan navara double cab

jonno141

I know the early ones had clutch issues if used for towing (I guess I was lucky there) and they all have 4wd switch issues (easy fix, poor design tbf). I love them though, mine have all been worked hard (not really abused - I change oil and filter every 6k and keep them relatively clean/don't damage bodywork/carry livestock in the cab etc). My new one will do 30mpg on mixed driving, does 125mph, tows 3.5tonnes legally (and easily), and is a very nice thing to drive. IMO there isn't another vehicle as good out there (if there was I'd be driving it).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any Navara lads know how many tonne bags /cubic metre bags in a level load ??:confused1:

In answer to this original question, a '58 plate double cab has a level load area of 1 cubic metre less the wheel arch intrusions. So therefore a level load would be slightly less than a cubic metre bag. A standard builder's bag (80cmx80cmx80cm) has a volume of 0.512 cubic metres though.

As for 'tonne bags' :001_rolleyes:

Getting the firewood into the back isn't the issue. Getting the damned thing to the delivery address is more tricky though - tell me, how many times did it break down en-route?!

Already on record in agreeance with Big J on the shiteness of Navaras :lol::lol:

Regards,

Steve.

In answer to this original question, a '58 plate double cab has a level load area of 1 cubic metre less the wheel arch intrusions. So therefore a level load would be slightly less than a cubic metre bag. A standard builder's bag (80cmx80cmx80cm) has a volume of 0.512 cubic metres though.

As for 'tonne bags' :001_rolleyes:

Already on record in agreeance with Big J on the shiteness of Navaras :lol::lol:

Regards,

Steve.

Agree it is 1m3 less the wheel arches. I get up to 6 barrow bags in mine, and Ive got a truckman top on it as well! Bags are 48x48x97 and we get 3 or 4 on their sides and two upright on the open tailgate! So that equates to about 1.4m bagged up. If I was to take the truckman top off, which I might do, then I'd easily get all 6 standing upright in there.

Cracking vehicle. I've got one of the first ones sold, on a 05 plate with 142,000 on it now, all done by me. Had a heavy duty clutch put on under warranty and that's about it. I'll drive it til it dies then get another one.

Currently getting 37 mpg!

People either seem to love their Navaras or hate them. So many of them just fall to bits under a heavy work load.

How on earth are you getting 37mpg? Driven at normal traffic speeds, 37mpg is nearly impossible (I say this as someone who usually drives extremely economically). Can't be carrying any weight or working it (which might explain why your's hasn't died yet!).

People either seem to love their Navaras or hate them. So many of them just fall to bits under a heavy work load.

How on earth are you getting 37mpg? Driven at normal traffic speeds, 37mpg is nearly impossible (I say this as someone who usually drives extremely economically). Can't be carrying any weight or working it (which might explain why your's hasn't died yet!).

I've not had it mapped or anything. That's what the mpg computer says and I don't think its wrong. It tells me I can do about 500 miles on a full tank and unless I go berserk its about right. I've got a pathfinder as well and that's doing about 27mpg. The navara is the oldest and maybe its a euro 5 engine not a euro 6 like the pathfinder is? It seems to me that the emissions criteria makes the engines less efficient at burning fuel, ie it uses more fuel but gets less mpg as well! Bloody mad.

The trip computer is very misleading. It's an 80 litre tank and assuming about 72 litres on each fill, that's only 31.6 mpg. My Citroen Relay van is the only vehicle I've ever had that does what the computer says it does. I used to get 26-27mpg with the Navara but that was with quite a lot of towing. I remember that when towing heavy it would only do 23mpg. By way on contrast, the van does about 25-26mpg when towing at capacity (or beyond!).