Electric splitter

Mull

Must be an electrical engineer near you somewhere or even an agricultural engineer they generally don't like to be beat and have a wide knowledge

Yes, to be fair there probably is, as it was still under warranty I obviously went back to the manufacturer, who sorted it all out very efficiently by providing a replacement. Obviously I still have the original one and will try to get it repaired, as it's an inexpensive splitter I won't be spending any great amount to try and get it repaired.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep going boys! Are we nearing the point where you tell me how I repair it?[emoji3]

TBH I was feeling abit sinsudoidal when it broke.

A chap I used to take rings to bought a 6 tonne one from someone at Bordon and the motor packed up after14 months. It was a design fault in the motor in that one of the wires to the armature rubbed on the casing, over time it shorted to the case. He replaced the motor with a european one that fitted as the dealer wouldn't accept it was a warranty issue after one year though it was clearly a faulty manufactured motor.

A chap I used to take rings to bought a 6 tonne one from someone at Bordon and the motor packed up after14 months. It was a design fault in the motor in that one of the wires to the armature rubbed on the casing, over time it shorted to the case. He replaced the motor with a european one that fitted as the dealer wouldn't accept it was a warranty issue after one year though it was clearly a faulty manufactured motor.

I assume from that, the original motor could not be repaired then?

Apparently not but I'll ask him tomorrow. He's recovering from a torn muscle repair to his shoulder. Known him since primary school and at 67 he doesn't expect to be able to work again.

Geez, that doesn't sound good.

Geez, that doesn't sound good.

Worse thing is I asked him to move some scaffold poles for another friend. Other person dropped one end instead of putting it down as asked and the shock travelled from pole to his shoulder!

Now I will have to find about 8 transit loads of rings, so I've gone from glut to famine in six months since leaving work.

Worse thing is I asked him to move some scaffold poles for another friend. Other person dropped one end instead of putting it down as asked and the shock travelled from pole to his shoulder!

Now I will have to find about 8 transit loads of rings, so I've gone from glut to famine in six months since leaving work.

No luck mate!

Dropping a pole(or anything) is really annoying, it's careless, that sort of thing bugs me, it should be teamwork. Probably seems trivial to many, its most definetly not!

Could probably buy 2 new ones for the transport costs[emoji3]

Then another 3 for the labour cost when it gets here.

Being outside in the damp for a while, my guess is you have a stuck centrifugal switch.

Why not rip the back end of the motor off and check.

It's contacts should be closed when stopped and open against a spring when the motor spins up to speed. This then cuts out the start winding.

We send larger motors away for repair but the small ones are hardly ever worth it.