Transaw 350- anyone on here using one?

benbound

Looking to upgrade the WP36 this year and am looking hard at the Transaw 350 from Fuelwood with the Japa 3 chain log deck. Just wondering if anyone on here is using a similar setup and can give any feedback, also comparison with the Posch s 360 which seems like it's nearest competitor.

Happy new year all!:thumbup:

Looking to upgrade the WP36 this year and am looking hard at the Transaw 350 from Fuelwood with the Japa 3 chain log deck. Just wondering if anyone on here is using a similar setup and can give any feedback, also comparison with the Posch s 360 which seems like it's nearest competitor.

Mate runs a 350 serial number 1 from memory , works well but blade must be sharp , search "Kintyre firewood" on facebook ..

I looked at exactly the same a year or so ago, in the end it was as cheap to import. But sooner or later I will go for one or the other of your choices.

Research I have done says Transaw is a LOT heavier than a 360, 2200kg V 1300kg. This may effect what you are planning to move it with if relevant. Transaw is all hydraulic so no belts to wear, their knife arrangement on the current models is nice but I feel the earlier models had a 2 - 4 -8 knife that made some big logs. Transaw wants about 50hp, the Posch about 40hp.

Transaw needs a 12v electrical connection, but that should not really be an issue. Posch seem so suggest that 350/360 need a hydralic oil supply at a rate that would suggest a 100hp tractor plus, I suspect though the unit has an internal pump as I have seen no sign of hydraulic pipes on vids I have been checking. I have a friend running a 360 using a Fordson Major with no issues but I doubt he uses her to pick it up.

Go and have a go with both, then choose.

A

I looked at exactly the same a year or so ago, in the end it was as cheap to import. But sooner or later I will go for one or the other of your choices.

Research I have done says Transaw is a LOT heavier than a 360, 2200kg V 1300kg. This may effect what you are planning to move it with if relevant. Transaw is all hydraulic so no belts to wear, their knife arrangement on the current models is nice but I feel the earlier models had a 2 - 4 -8 knife that made some big logs. Transaw wants about 50hp, the Posch about 40hp.

Transaw needs a 12v electrical connection, but that should not really be an issue. Posch seem so suggest that 350/360 need a hydralic oil supply at a rate that would suggest a 100hp tractor plus, I suspect though the unit has an internal pump as I have seen no sign of hydraulic pipes on vids I have been checking. I have a friend running a 360 using a Fordson Major with no issues but I doubt he uses her to pick it up.

Go and have a go with both, then choose.

A

Hi, which did you go for?

Thanks

I am running a transaw and have to say it's awesome, the build quality is superb, it's built like a tank, simple to use and quick, we cut 15 pallets of blanks for the kindling machine in just over an hour that's approx 750 rings or blanks, two people, machine set to 9.5 inch, dia average 9 inch, service from Fuelwood is really great, mines electric so pretty quiet, someone has 2 of these running shifts at one large log supplier and Iam told the pile of logs is bigger from one transaw than the binderberger that they also have, I think the transaw will last for years with very little maintenance, it has lots of nice features than just simply make it a pleasure to use, you should get a demo, you won't look back, hope this helps

I am running a transaw and have to say it's awesome, the build quality is superb, it's built like a tank, simple to use and quick, we cut 15 pallets of blanks for the kindling machine in just over an hour that's approx 750 rings or blanks, two people, machine set to 9.5 inch, dia average 9 inch, service from Fuelwood is really great, mines electric so pretty quiet, someone has 2 of these running shifts at one large log supplier and Iam told the pile of logs is bigger from one transaw than the binderberger that they also have, I think the transaw will last for years with very little maintenance, it has lots of nice features than just simply make it a pleasure to use, you should get a demo, you won't look back, hope this helps

That's really helpful, thanks very much

Hi, which did you go for?

Thanks

At the moment neither, an additional sales site this year will mean carrying on with the old 700 and importing some KD ash. If I had to choose today the Posch would win as I could use my MF135 to power it.

A