Whats your broadband speed?

s.varty

Somebody just point me right, I've got on uswitch and I think Ive downloaded app, can't get any further, keep it simple please , how do you get it to give you your speeds. We can only use Facebook or google one at a time in the house .

On my phone I press a forking great button with "Begin Test" on it....yellow in colour if it helps:001_rolleyes::lol::001_tt2:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8.0 Mb/s down .8 on the up, perfectly acceptable for rural France

Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results

If you get poor speed in UK, unscrew your master socket, remove the plug inside it then plug in your router to that socket.

Retest, if theres an improvement theres something causing a problem on your side - noise, old telephone, microwave affecting bell wire etc.

N

Ha ha very funny Spud. I did try that button but nothing happens, hence my question :)

It should connect to a suitable server, test the "Ping" and then do the download and then the upload speed. If pressing the button does cock all then you are either not connected or your connection speed is worse than mine!

I use this app all the time and have since I sorted our router and did a few tweaks to get our speed up so we could stream HD films!

On mine (iPhone 6s ) that site puts up u switch , did you put your postcode and provider in. What's a screen shot mate?

Use this link. You are not going directly to speedtest.net if a uswitch page is coming up

http://www.speedtest.net

Easiest way is to then download the app to your phone.

http://www.cormacktreecare.co.uk

Ha ha very funny Spud. I did try that button but nothing happens, not even buffering,hence my question :)

Speedtest requires macromedia flash (yes I know, its a security risk - use Flash disable to control it) to be installed although it should warn you about that, otherwise you need to allow scripts in your browser for the site if you use NoScript.

Failing that clear cookies & reload the page

N

We are in a small village (less than 200 house's) but due to distance from exchange half have fibre and half don't yet (coming in a month or so)

Ours tests at 6.5mbps download & 0.60mbps upload, funny thing is everyone else in our have get 2.5mbps download on a good day and nobody knows why ours is better (not that I'm complaining)

Sent from my D6603 using Arbtalk mobile app

We are also in a small village but situated on a hill. There are five roads to the village and hence the village is fed by 5 exchanges.

Ours travels 3.1 miles putting us at the end of the line.

As the village is a stone throw from a major city we don't fall inside any of the rural projects but we also don't get included in the city developments.

a73bb32e502b146831d986cb61bedc1f.jpg

This was this morning. I don't see it getting any better soon but thankfully we have good 4G due to a clear line of sight to the city.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro