selling kindling

Brackley Firewood

Hi mate. My view is that if you have a consistent, dry and free supply of wood. Probably waste from another process then you can make money on it. If like us you are buying in your wood and have to dry it then I would not bother cutting kindling. We buy all of ours in from a friend and I can't produce as good a product for less than I pay him.

do you know where i could get wood for free from.

do you just sell logs then and is this the best thing to sell or not

Haha we are all asking where we can get wood for free. Not very common these days. If you process firewood just get a good Kindling supplier and it is definitely worth adding in because it will increase profits on every delivery you get an order. Maybe get firelighters and coal as well it all helps.

do you know where i could get wood for free from.

do you just sell logs then and is this the best thing to sell or not

When I looked into doing kindling a few years ago I went to a local saw mill to see if I could buy off cuts, the mill would have been happy for me to take it away FOC. The problem I saw was there was going to be a lot of prep work before I could get the timber through a Kindlet or similar machine. In the end I bought in kindling from a couple of local producers.

Where are you based?

Scrap that last bit. I guess you're in Northamtonshire?

Edited by eggsarascal

Hello

I am new to this. I wanted to know if it is worth all the effort selling kindling and who should I sell it to

If you are already selling logs then it can be a nice add on. There are several people here who are geared up to supply kindling by the pallet, take a pallet of one of them and see how you get on. If you get stuck with it I am about 20 miles from you and would take any excess stock given that we can agree a price.

A