Celox

Husqvarna King

I bought a 15g sachet of Celox today, i was just wanting some advice from those of you that have/use it as to where u store it....I was thinking either my chaisaw helmet, above the straps or in the first aid pouch on my harness. Am a little worried about having it in the first aid kit as mine has come open and gets knocked about when climbing, but im also worried if i put it in my helmet that it might be hard to get to in an emergency or if i cannot treat myself people/groundies might not think to look for it there. Any advice would be much appreciated thanks fellas.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15g sachet should be ample for majority of injuries.

Although Celox is an important part of a first aid kit and has saved lives, please remember that Celox must only be used in major trauma situations. Have heard of one or two freaky situations where guys have poured celox granules into a small Silky saw wound and because the celox congeals the blood, circulation has stopped and they've ended up having to get their finger amputated :scared1: Big price to pay when a small paper stitch would have done the job. Nonetheless, the happy life saving stories far outweigh the freaky ones. :001_smile:

Here's a handy guide on how to use Celox:

How to Use Celox Granules