PTO chipper

TerryTibbs

I have to say that, and I'm not 100% certain, the Kelfri and the Woodland Mills devices do not comply with the regulations for infeed chutes. I seem to recall that the infeeds on power fed units cannot slope downhill. Setting aside the length of them and how the controls and safety bar works. Okay, the chipper Police are not going to hunt you down, but, using or selling a non-compliant machine is another matter.

I watched one supplier show a non-compliant machine at a show and when I quizzed him - he tried to BS me that the manufacturer was changing their design to suit Europe, but I doubt that they would for 20 units a year! TBH, he was the type of 'businessman' who wouldn't get my money for many reasons....

I’ve got a few jobs coming up where a pto chipper will be useful. I like the look of the woodland mills 6 or 8” chipper. Give or take its £3k new and delivered as opposed to £10-12k for a leading brand. Wondered how other people’s are holding out? They seem to be a similar concept to Rock machinery in that although they’re made in China they are designed in Canada and QC is quite strict. 3 year warranty too. I realise second hand value will be peanuts but I reckon a brand new Forst/TW/TP would devalue by that much at least. My tractor is a 50hp pasquali alpine. Cheers!

We’ve got 3x PTO choppers for sale (12inch FARMI

Looking for around £4K + VAT

Mint condition, we used to do a lot of rail work but not so much anymore. All mint, been serviced, new knives etc etc.
  • Like 1

Mint condition, we used to do a lot of rail work but not so much anymore. All mint, been serviced, new knives etc etc.
Pictures please and location, local estate we do a lot for are after one as he was cursing not buying my one earlier in year.

2 hours ago, Gray git said:
12 hours ago, K.T.S Tom said:

Read more  

Pictures please and location, local estate we do a lot for are after one as he was cursing not buying my one earlier in year.

KTS is Keighley Tree Services, north west of Leeds City. The Walbank Family. Years back, Dave Walbank had some 4x4 trucks, possibly Volvo, with Farmi chippers close coupled and driven by the truck. He also ran GreenMech Safetracs and was very early into seeing their potential for rail work. Top people!

23 hours ago, K.T.S Tom said:

Hi K.T.S.

what model farmi?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
KTS is Keighley Tree Services, north west of Leeds City. The Walbank Family. Years back, Dave Walbank had some 4x4 trucks, possibly Volvo, with Farmi chippers close coupled and driven by the truck. He also ran GreenMech Safetracs and was very early into seeing their potential for rail work. Top people!

Thanks Pete

That’s us.

Apologies for the delay. In reply. Iv dropped a couple of messages.

If you send me your email addresses I’ll sort out some pictures and specifications for you.

Thanks Tom