Rates for Self Employed Handcutters

10 er day covers nothing ,you will go through more than that with fuel oil truck insurance and spares ,experience is the key to make good money .you don't want to cut 7 days a week why should you . ask 125 130 till you get more exp then you will need 150 minimum and more like 180 . its a tough job and your bosses know it .

10 er day covers nothing ,you will go through more than that with fuel oil truck insurance and spares ,experience is the key to make good money .you don't want to cut 7 days a week why should you . ask 125 130 till you get more exp then you will need 150 minimum and more like 180 . its a tough job and your bosses know it .

I think that includes all my costs for my insurance,tickets,equipment and make some to.

Thanks everyone for the advise!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Like 1

10 er day covers nothing ,you will go through more than that with fuel oil truck insurance and spares ,experience is the key to make good money .you don't want to cut 7 days a week why should you . Ask 125 130 till you get more exp then you will need 150 minimum and more like 180 . Its a tough job and your bosses know it .

£180 - niamy

£180 - niamy

Wish anyone would pay that around here for decent cutters as I'd be more inclined to do more again.

140 - 150 is the upper limit I can push and that's normally oversized timber or ugly technical stuff.

The only real way I see it being worth our time is where I can put the tractor/winch/trailer or 360 and grab on site as well to assist and charge a decent rate for whole job.

Luckily most of the forestry we do is what some would call pretty forestry on estates where a tidy job is more important than production or avoiding damage to remaining trees takes priority and they are willing to pay for this service and skills.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

Wish anyone would pay that around here for decent cutters as I'd be more inclined to do more again.

140 - 150 is the upper limit I can push and that's normally oversized timber or ugly technical stuff.

The only real way I see it being worth our time is where I can put the tractor/winch/trailer or 360 and grab on site as well to assist and charge a decent rate for whole job.

Luckily most of the forestry we do is what some would call pretty forestry on estates where a tidy job is more important than production or avoiding damage to remaining trees takes priority and they are willing to pay for this service and skills.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

"niamy" = not in a million years.