An amazing dog

stihlmadasever

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive always loved border collies.I remember watching them on one man and his dog sheep trials and loved how smart,athletic and loyal they were.Some time and a good bit older i saw collies performing in the flyball competitions at a highland games show,i loved it!

13 years ago my wife and i adopted our own collie from the local rescue centre.We just went too have a look...yeah right....

We came across a little collie pressed against the wall looking very timid.Aww she's lovely the wife said,as i bent down to look at her she licked my hand.Right there a love affair was born.We eagerly went to speak to the receptionist who informed us the little female collie was a male collie called wallace...being scottish that name means alot to me.

3 days later we took that little collie home,he was mental.

He ate our new table legs,he chewed the door frames,scratched the couch,wrecked the carpet and gave both the wife and i numerous injuries.

He climbed more mountains than most people,not just big hills-im talkin munro's-serious mountains.

He absolutley loved the car,i think he just assosiated it with goin to the beach,or fun walks or on holiday.

He warmed the iciest heart(my mother who hates dogs) but not wallace he just turned on the charm.

He ate like a labrador,worked like a spaniel and farted like an elephant.

I absolutley adored that dog even though he tried my patience every day for most of his thirteen years.

Wallace got sick a week or so back and today with a heavy heart and many tears i had him put too sleep.

I dont write this for sympathy or sadness,he was suffering and i had to face up to the facts that he was an old dog in pain.

I know many of you have dogs,give your dog a cuddle right now for they have such an amazing impact on our lives and theyre gone too soon.

I know i'll see my boy again

Feel for you, I was in bits when I lost my German Shepherd a couple of years back. Dogs have an inexorable link with us that no other mammal has- it makes me physically sick when people mistreat of fail to look after them. Give another dog in need a good home