Nissan cabstar any advice

kerryp

Hi I have a 54 plate 3.0ltr swb cabstar tipper had it 6 years now and has been a fantastic workhorse and it has been aides, good points are very reliable, very manoverable in tight spaces,good on fuel compared to others, parts easy to get hold of (if needed), very gutsy with plenty of power, I tow a 10ft Ifor tipper with cage sides and think nothing of loading bothe trailer and pick up to the limit or more often above limit it doesn't look overloaded and pulls trailer along happily. Bad points gears are a bit clunky,not the softest of rides in the world, seats are not comfortable (not a truck for riding long distance in)but its a work horse and I bought it to do a job that it does very well, had transits in the past but this cabstar doubly been hear the longest and no planes to get rid of it for as long as I can see , rust issues are not bad but you have to maintain things and look after them and they will be fine.

They're called sh!it stars round here....

Not many seen on the roads.. Does that mean something..???

People who have had them round here, say that your left foot (steel toe cap) would smash the fuse box thus causing all kinds of problems...

Cab over the front wheel makes them feel more bouncy than they really are too...

We've just bought a new one and this will be our 3rd can't say rust has been much of an issue with ours. One is a 2005 and has developed a fault with going up into 3rd and 4th but this has been the only major issue. Brilliant work horse's we will continue to use them.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Arbtalk mobile app