Workshop manual please, Finger Grass Cutter

roys

Bought a second hand in poor condition Finger Grass Cutter today for a cheapish price, but it has been sitting out in the rain for 3 years, seized, rusty, no belts, pealy paint, so a wee workshop project for me over the winter is a complete strip down and rebuild.

Could do with a workshop manual, if anyone has one or is better at searching the Internet than me.

I can find the user manual but not workshop one.

The model is:

Al-ko BM5001R Finger Bar Mower.

Cheers Folks

• 1 month later...

Now got the mower stripped down to its component parts, there appears to be a bit missing as one of the Bowden cables attaches to nothing but fresh air. Casing going away to get shot blasted and painted, I will now get a new set of belts and some Bowden cables.

Anyone got one of these mowers? as I need a pic of under the cover to see what is missing, the exploded diagram on line is not very helpful. Cheers

The mower is an :

Alko Farmer BM5001R Finger Bar Mower.

• 6 months later...

I've got exactly the same mower, and am just in the process of changing the main drive V belt (I thought it would be straightforward :( )

If you give me an email address, I can send some pictures of it assembled......and part dismantelled.

As you have taken one apart, is there a way of changing the v belt without completely taking it apart?

Cheers

Hi Paul, that would be great to get a set of pics.

I did get the mower back together but there was a couple of parts missing, which I had to guess the design of, and I am not convinced I got it 100% right as it wants to drive in reverse once it warms up, something must be expanding and driving the reverse flat belt.

I am back in the workshop at the start of next week so I will have a look at main belt replacement for you.

Cheers

In the absence of a workshop manual I find the exploded view of the parts manuals can be  quite handy. Below is just a random one but there are loads to choose from

Bob

Loads more here

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=al-ko+bm5001r+parts+diagram&client=firefox-b&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjjiablx5fWAhUkCMAKHaFYChkQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=833#imgdii=vQxzcdsJm5WP4M:&imgrc=ks9LIVRXlc0ZdM:

image.thumb.png.981038079129da5405eafcf780975afc.png