Terms and Conditions, Where do I put them?

Thesnarlingbadger

Where do you guys put your company terms and conditions?

I've written mine out and put them in a PDF jobby but I'm not sure where I would put them. I originally thought I'd just put a link on my website but after looking at other peoples websites no one else seems to have done that.

Would I just pop an extra PDF on my quotation E-mail with it all in or just not have anything except for larger contracts.

I mainly do domestic work but would like to be able to put the T&C's somewhere so that people can view them if needs be (covering my own ass).

What do you guys do?

Also I noticed a lot of people do have 'website T&C's' which I have not even looked into, is that something I should be putting up or is that not really that important?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance people :-).

I do written quotes via email and on the bottom state t&c are available on our Web site, I had them vetted by trading standards so know there spot on.

T&c are only valid if a written quote is supplied and the customer confirms in writing view email, text or letter by the way.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Edited by Ian C

I do written quotes via email and on the bottom state t&c are available on our Web site, I had them vetted by trading standards so know there spot on.

T&c are only valid if a written quote is supplied and the customer confirms in writing view email, text or letter by the way.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Arbtalk mobile app

Yeah that's what I thought but 99% of websites don't seem to have a link to their T&C's so I just wondered what other ways people get around it and how important it all is. I just want to say that I'm not liable for small marks on the lawn etc.

Mine has the validation time period clearly stated, statement saying "by accepting this quotation, you are agreeing to the t&cs, and then "for full t&c go to website address."

Gives people the option to look at them, without seeing a huge list of t&c below the quote, but also makes them aware that there are t&cs.

Mine has the validation time period clearly stated, statement saying "by accepting this quotation, you are agreeing to the t&cs, and then "for full t&c go to website address."

Gives people the option to look at them, without seeing a huge list of t&c below the quote, but also makes them aware that there are t&cs.

Yeah I was thinking of doing a similar thing. But the way I have it at the moment they would go to the website then be sent to a T&C's PDF link at the bottom of the website. I guess I was on the right tracks just over thinking it.