550xp Which Fuels?

drossi1212

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We live near to a big fuel distribution centre in the midlands. All of the tankers with all of the different brands on the side of them seem to fill up at the same place.

A friend of mine ran a petrol station for a couple of years.

He told me, with a knowing look not to pay too much attention to the brand name on the sign. It makes me wonder how consistent the quality of fuel really is? Or how reliable the brand names are.....

I'd say use Aspen or Motomix. Especially on a saw that wasn't used daily. We've had a couple of saws with scored pistons through suspect pump fuel.

That's what I've been using, however I understand the oil used in aspen 2 is not as good as the top spec synthetic husqvarna or redline oil.

You can rest assured that the FRT oil used in Aspen is of an extremely high grade, having been developed over several years of testing on thousands of machines. FRT was introduced in 2014 to meet the needs of all modern 2 stroke engines, replacing the earlier oil that was not quite up to the mark anymore.

FRT must not be confused with the older 'Aspen 2 stroke' which can be bought in bottles whereas the high grade FRT is only found in the pre-mixed fuel.

There is absolutely no need to use any other oil, but if it makes you feel happier, then all well and good.

What is the spec on the frt oil then?

Aspen website just says fully synthetic.

To be quite honest Peter, I do not know, it seems that as the oil is not packaged for sale as just oil there is no spec sheet.

The trouble with specs such as Jaso, Iso, API etc is that they are actually quite easy to exceed so dont really mean a lot, but it always looks good on the bottle.

Husqvarna has its own set of tests 232,346,372 etc .

Aspen FRT has been formulated to exceed all of these standards and has been extensively tested before introduction.

Aspen are a very professional outfit and only do things to the highest standard.

We live near to a big fuel distribution centre in the midlands. All of the tankers with all of the different brands on the side of them seem to fill up at the same place.

A friend of mine ran a petrol station for a couple of years.

He told me, with a knowing look not to pay too much attention to the brand name on the sign. It makes me wonder how consistent the quality of fuel really is? Or how reliable the brand names are.....

I'd say use Aspen or Motomix. Especially on a saw that wasn't used daily. We've had a couple of saws with scored pistons through suspect pump fuel.

Yep same base fuel. Different additive pack by pressing appropriate buttons.

Honest. It's not all the same.

As Gardenkit says the Aspen FRT oil exceeds highest JASO standard FD , the FD standard was established in the 1990,s .

As an Aspen service centre selling thousands of litres a year I know what I would put in my new saw , the quality of this fuel is fantastic, machines start very easily , run cleanly and should last much longer without the build up of carbon on cylinder , piston and exhaust components , this is especially important on Strato engines such as the Husky 550/560 and most new Stihl products , low grade oils cause excessive carbon buildup on piston causing rings to stick , also seen scoring on pistons along with this especially on Stihl blowers .

Simple answer use Aspen or High grade JASO FD or above 2T oil if you wish to run pump fuel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk