Nhs

eggsarascal

had to got to the hospital today to have two minor operations under local anaesthetic. Appointment was 07.45, by 09.45 I'd been cut open, twice, and stitched back together and out the door on my way home. I do look like a bit of a plumb with a load of stitches in my head though.

Now that's what I call service.

Hope you are OK Eggs

Out of interest I'm assuming it wasn't Colchester General ?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you are OK Eggs

Out of interest I'm assuming it wasn't Colchester General ?

All good Scraggs, except looking a bit like the Elephant man.:001_smile:

T'was at the West Suffolk.

I got raced into Colcheter when I had a 'bad one' at work about ten years ago...... Think I'd have been better off if they hadn't bothered.

I work for the nhs at a mental health hospital as a joiner doing maintenance work on the hospital and any other building that we own / rent / occupy. The amount of money that i see wasted daily is incredible. Most of it by managers squabbling and office staff acting like kids.

One of my biggest bugbears is office relocation's. Every time a person moves office they insist on taking their own desk, own notice boards, clocks you name it we have to move it. And its not uncommon for whole departments to move at least twice a year. After each move each block is then refurbished for the next lot, who then may be only in it for a month before they then move again, and then its another revamp.

The list is totally endless.

contractors doing work and then im having to put it right.

suppliers putting mark up on things just because its the nhs

I could go on but you get the picture.

The nurses on the front line devote everything to their job, the managers mmmm????

I work for the nhs at a mental health hospital as a joiner doing maintenance work on the hospital and any other building that we own / rent / occupy. The amount of money that i see wasted daily is incredible. Most of it by managers squabbling and office staff acting like kids.

One of my biggest bugbears is office relocation's. Every time a person moves office they insist on taking their own desk, own notice boards, clocks you name it we have to move it. And its not uncommon for whole departments to move at least twice a year. After each move each block is then refurbished for the next lot, who then may be only in it for a month before they then move again, and then its another revamp.

The nurses on the front line devote everything to their job, the managers mmmm????

Top class post👍

Sadly corruption and graft typically are found in all government run programs.

The funds to support business as usual will continue to dwindle and services rendered will deminish as well. I wonder if given the chance to op out of your countries nhs how many would. No guarantees other that the free market being able to attempt to compete with the government run monopoly known as the nhs. I think that if the nhs only took care of the abusers of the health care system, allowed free market capitalism to cover people that are willing to take care of them selfs and live healthier lives the amount of fraudulent claims wound dry up very soon since everyone else that is now taking care of themselves would no longer need to support the balance of abusers. The nhs would also be forced to finally become responsible for punishing the abusers, pharmaceutical companies and every other company taking advantage of the healthy in the U.K.

That would take courage and people willing to better tyemselfs and the country

they call home. Wouldn't it be nice!

easy-lift guy

Sadly corruption and graft typically are found in all government run programs.

The funds to support business as usual will continue to dwindle and services rendered will deminish as well. I wonder if given the chance to op out of your countries nhs how many would. No guarantees other that the free market being able to attempt to compete with the government run monopoly known as the nhs. I think that if the nhs only took care of the abusers of the health care system, allowed free market capitalism to cover people that are willing to take care of them selfs and live healthier lives the amount of fraudulent claims wound dry up very soon since everyone else that is now taking care of themselves would no longer need to support the balance of abusers. The nhs would also be forced to finally become responsible for punishing the abusers, pharmaceutical companies and every other company taking advantage of the healthy in the U.K.

That would take courage and people willing to better tyemselfs and the country

they call home. Wouldn't it be nice!

easy-lift guy

Wouldn't it be nice, as the beach boys said!

The NHS is expensive and rubbish, until you consider the alternatives.

All of this is free at the point of delivery, you may have to wait, but you get it even if you can't afford to pay. Personally I don't have £10k in a bank account for a new knee.

I am rather keen on the NHS.

Capture.PNG.0dc7b7a0ce0339ce4e1da04787111dbb.PNG