Yanmar compact tractor?

sandspider

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the sellers other tractors, it looks like some have paddy field tyres on them which will rattle your teeth on hard land.

You may want to check before buying that the pto spins in a clockwise direction or you could run into problems if you want to run anything other than the topper it comes with.

Slim

yanmar are one of the largest small engine and tractor manufacturers in the far east......nothing wrong with there kit. my little ym1300 pulls trees out places you wouldnt believe, gearing perfectly matched to the engine. they were around before kubota, and probably will be long after they go

Eh? Where are kubota going?

a guy at a vineyard I know refused to listen to my advice about which tractor to buy. Brought one of those awful chinese things, sent it back. Then ignored my advice further when I found the perfect kubota, and brought a yanmar unseen. Was an import, everything in japenese, no trailer tipping pipe, manual engine shutdown etc. As said, beware pto goes the right way

most small tractors are imports, nearly all of them come from either japan or india, sub 20hp, very few have auxilary hydraulic outputs, most, if not all have conventional pto rotation, what they do have is an oddball middle pto speed designed for some bit of rice paddy kit, the rice paddy tyres although murder on hard surfaces, are unbeatable in the soft and loose of the woods. the two and three cylinder yanmar diesels are DI, so are noisy, but sip fuel, manual shutdown......no bigee, means no electronics to go wrong, have a really good spares network, and an excellent knowledge database.

Many thanks all, lots of useful info here.

Just wondering if I should go for one with a few more horsepower. It'll mainly be used for mowing, towing a trailer, dragging felled trees etc. But in future might well be used for digging, post knocking, rotovating... Anything else I can do with it!

I don't hear good things about the Chinese tractors, so have ruled one out for now. (Though if they're properly built they might last better!)