White emulsion on choke butterfly?

TimberCutterDartmoor

Sorry to derail the thread, and I know the price has been discussed before, but how much is Aspen coming in at? Please feel free to PM me if you don't want to say on the public forum.

No problem on a public forum at all, after all there is a transparent Retail Price list.

The current RRP for a 5l of Aspen2 is £18.98 inc vat. This price is aimed at 'over the counter sales' to low volume users.

However, both Anglo American Oil and the dealer network have recognised the need to have a lower price for bulk users, and for that price to be transparent too.

So a new 'Bulk User' price list was launched on December 1st for those who buy in pallets, or even double pallets. A pallet purchase of 54-105 cans will see the price drop to £15.50 inc vat per 5litre can (a saving of £3.48)

A double pallet will be even cheaper, and drums have similar price reductions.

Delivery to your doorstep (mainland) is free. To order, simply contact your most local Aspen Service Centre who can process your order which should arrive with you in 48 hrs direct from Aspen.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you tried a compression test, I guess you are getting some blow back from the cylinder, worn piston/ring on the carb side.

Interesting one, you do get some natural blowback on a carb when you grab the throttle and the majority of this is generally sucked straight back in once the machine is on full chat! I did have it on an 024 once that needed to be tuned pretty lean to stop it saturating the air filter.

In my world, coils are a rare failure compared to other issues so, what are the other two more common ones - fuel and compression!

Make sure the compression is good, try pulling the muffler and looking at the piston.

If you have good compression then check the carb. If it is plain not running then the dealer may have either got the pump diaphragm and gasket the wrong way round - had this once and it is a great way to keep fit and improve upper body strength:001_rolleyes:

Other than that - check metering arm height, make sure the spacer gasket is between the metering diaphragm and the carb main body and also check the fuel line isn't split using a pump and the filter isn't blocked - had one of those on an FS400, found after the tenth carb strip.....only letting through 1/4 of what it should otherwise I would have got there earlier!

The white emulsion may just be a bit misleading, if the above doesn't do it then I would be pulling the H&L screw, trying carb cleaner, trying the US cleaner and if that failed then I would be inspecting the high speed check valve and low speed injectors........or try another carb!

Rule of thumb - if it revs hard and doesn't idle - check the low speed fuel circuit, if it idles and won't rev, check the high speed circuit and fuel delivery!