Hitting a parked vehicle and not leaving details

kevinjohnsonmbe

If your asking me, your better off just claiming on your insurgence and bein done with it...

I expect you're bein given the run around for a reason, why waste money on a case when you have insurance to cover the damage....

I think we have an excess of £750 on our fleetplan so most scrapes and dinks end up coming out of my pocket anyway. I cant think of a twelve month period where one of our trucks has not been involved in some sort of traffic accident so I doubt if I have any no claims discounts worth trying to protect.

Bob

Edited by aspenarb

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are dissing the wrong people.

Its not the DVSA but the DVLA that are responsible for licences & vehicle registrations.

All cut from the same cloth, but, point taken!! :blushing:

Don't let accuracy get in the way of a good story:biggrin:

Seriously though, with all the acronyms, it becomes confusing as to who you need to talk to or even have been talking to - that's even after you've managed to talk after being on a call waiting system, being re-directed or told that the person you need only works monday to tuesday afternoon (but on annual l/maternity/paternity or bereavement leave)

Flexi=time: the preserve of the Civil Service, look it up in the dictionary and it'll say "..the means and method of being absent when the workload is at it's highest, time critical and the the output, if undelivered, will most significantly disadvantage some other poor b'tards who's trying to make a living...."

It's there in black and white:

https://www.gov.im/lib/docs/hr/iompsc/Handbook/flexibleworkinghours.pdf

I get planning officers hanging up on me:biggrin: One refused to deal with me for almost a year:lol:

Sorry Kev, but your post has cheered me up no end - Sinking into paranoia myself, thinking that officialdom is just out to get me:biggrin:

:thumbup1: Don't let your guard down! It's when you start to think it isn't that the b'stards have won!! :thumbup: Glad it cheered you up mind!!

If your asking me, your better off just claiming on your insurgence and bein done with it...

I expect you're bein given the run around for a reason, why waste money on a case when you have insurance to cover the damage....

Another thing I wouldn't do. is get ratty on the phone to those you're talking to, they have ways of ignoring you after they put the down or loosing paperwork relating to your case..

Then favours might be called on friends in other departments....

Be polite patient and groveling and hope it all ends well.

I don't know any insurgents to call upon! If I did I suspect they'd do a better job than the insurers though!

Here's the thing, I have reported it via insurers. They were very keen!! They had their nominated repair centre calling me within a couple of hours to get the job booked in.

It's cosmetic rather than mechanical so I'm not in any particular rush.

I have a 1k voluntary excess and the cost of the repair is sub that. So the insurers wanted me to go with their repair agent, very keen in fact. I guess it won't come as any surprise that the local body shop was the cheapest, Ford main dealer a close second and the insurers bag boy was most expensive. I've told the insurance company that unless and until they get an admission of liability which excuses my excess, they and they bag boy can do one!

The other party has denied liability to their insurers and to the police. To be fair, I did get the impression from the lady at the collisions / tickets office that if she finds she has been taken for a mug by the other party she'll come out swinging. Fingers crossed for that. I'll be pressing for fraudulent pecuniary gain by lying to her insurers, leaving the scene of an accident, cost of repairs and reparations and anything else I can.

It's not a huge hassle for me to do it myself via small claims and I'll certainly enjoy it it it takes that route.

I can kinda better that account.

Left the Octavia parked in a proper roadside parking bay.

Came back to find the drivers door mirror hanging off.

Simply popped the SD card out of the live RoadHawk camera.

Established the veh type, colour and reg. that had cleaved it off on the way passed, braked, paused, and drove on.

Asked my insurers how to proceed.

I gotta make a claim.

Insurance term was near up.

Bugger flately denied the incident (despite the forwarded footage)

Insurance went up virtually *4 fold due to outstanding claim

AND

All I eventually got paid was the bare repair cost, nowt for my lost time (while on a family holiday) buying a spare SD card etc etc.

I just hope the other driver was properly screwed over by his insurer, for lying.

so

good luck

marcus

P.S.

*If I had paid the exhorbinate increased insurance premimum, I presume that would have been money lost, i.e. unrecoverable, until after the claim had been settled, took about 6 months.

I fortunately used Admiral who were most understanding(I made a full honest declaration re the incident)

I've always despised insurance!

I can kinda better that account.

Left the Octavia parked in a proper roadside parking bay.

Came back to find the drivers door mirror hanging off.

Simply popped the SD card out of the live RoadHawk camera.

Established the veh type, colour and reg. that had cleaved it off on the way passed, braked, paused, and drove on.

Asked my insurers how to proceed.

I gotta make a claim.

Insurance term was near up.

Bugger flately denied the incident (despite the forwarded footage)

Insurance went up virtually *4 fold due to outstanding claim

AND

All I eventually got paid was the bare repair cost, nowt for my lost time (while on a family holiday) buying a spare SD card etc etc.

I just hope the other driver was properly screwed over by his insurer, for lying.

so

good luck

marcus

P.S.

*If I had paid the exhorbinate increased insurance premimum, I presume that would have been money lost, i.e. unrecoverable, until after the claim had been settled, took about 6 months.

I fortunately used Admiral who were most understanding(I made a full honest declaration re the incident)

You were happy with Admiral??? Years ago an old lady drive into the side of my car, had a witness see this and wanted to help me. It took nearly 2years to get my money out of them/other insurance company. I left them straight away once my renewal was up!

Ah but!, I only insured with Admiral, I NEVER attempted to claim off them.

Funny thing was it was the UFU/NFU screwed me over, which I discussed in full and frank terms in their local office.

Next time my insurance came due, I "went in for a laugh", and despite me never telling any lies or employing any subterfuge.

Back to a v sensible quote.

Scheesh!

........I don't know any insurgents to call upon! If I did I suspect they'd do a better job than the insurers though!..........

Damn my eyes man, I hate myself when I muck things up by not checking what I wrote..

Or worse still, checking and only seein what I want to see....

If I could be bothered I'd buy a pair of good glasses, the ones I use are ASDA's two quid a pair jobbies.... not ideal but Hey, they're two quid a pop, what can I say!!!!!...

My wife's van was involved in a collision whilst waiting to turn right at a junction. She had to cross to the right and therefore avoid the on coming traffic. Bloke pulls out from the junction and 'T' bone the van on the door pillar and is written off. Man accepts liability.

An insurance claim is put in, a valuation completed at £1790. Hire car arranged by our insurance for 1 month. Cheque appears in the post £1300. Told to stuff it, I want what you told me it was worth. Meanwhile numnut has not informed his insurance company and is now denying involvement,, but we have pictures of his car at the scene with subsequent damage. His insurers mucking everyone around. I get a full cheque after hire company lawyer gets involved. Our premium goes up threefold for unsettled insurance claim. Hire company sends there invoice and is not paid. They not very happy at All! Now going to court! Why I have no idea, guess we will find out in march!!!

My wife's van was involved in a collision whilst waiting to turn right at a junction. She had to cross to the right and therefore avoid the on coming traffic. Bloke pulls out from the junction and 'T' bone the van on the door pillar and is written off. Man accepts liability.

An insurance claim is put in, a valuation completed at £1790. Hire car arranged by our insurance for 1 month. Cheque appears in the post £1300. Told to stuff it, I want what you told me it was worth. Meanwhile numnut has not informed his insurance company and is now denying involvement,, but we have pictures of his car at the scene with subsequent damage. His insurers mucking everyone around. I get a full cheque after hire company lawyer gets involved. Our premium goes up threefold for unsettled insurance claim. Hire company sends there invoice and is not paid. They not very happy at All! Now going to court! Why I have no idea, guess we will find out in march!!!

Insurers.... Bunch of thieves! They'll take your money then bend you over as soon as you need them to do what you paid them for!

My wife's was hit in the rear by a car that was driven by a confused elderly gent, damage over 9k, write off.

However, the car is an electric one, with the batteries leased from Renault (also about 9k).

It took the insurance over three months to decide how much the car was actually worth, who owned what part of it etc.

They flew in an expert from France to assess the batteries...

Then, they insisted that we were to pay for the batteries, their removal and their transport to Mr and Mrs Renault's place!

Fortunately I'd made a point of asking about just such an event when getting insured and made sure to get that in writing too.

Full value paid out in the end (they did make a lower offer first, they always do, we told them to stuff it), had a courtesy car for over three months, and got some money towards the cost of fuelling that car too.

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

Insurance claims are my pet hate , about 8 years ago a car drove into the side of my vehicle while i was in it and just drove off , i went after him but he refused to stop , Lucky for me the one man band local police man was at his post that day and off he shot and stopped 3rd party 20 miles further down the road , long and short he raised an accident report with the 3rd party at fault , I polished out the scratches and managed to refit the mirror to my car so i never bothered making a claim as it seemed like too much grief , 10 months later MY bloody insurance company sent a snotty letter to me saying i had caused an accident and was held at fault ! the toe rag 3rd party had a company car which had been returned to the lease company damaged so he blamed me , it was like banging my head against a wall for 5 months as there stance was i had not reported the accident to them so i must be to blame ? i gave them the Police reference ect but still they claimed i was at fault , they had not even checked the Police report as " it costs £20 for us to get a copy so could you not just go to the Police station and ask for a copy then we can sort this out for you " They had the cheek to ask why i was not going to renew my insurance with them !