Hitting a parked vehicle and not leaving details

kevinjohnsonmbe

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels a bit Karmic! A month ago I saw someone do something very similar so I put a note on the injured party's vehicle. They phoned and said thank you and let us know when you're next in town for a beer!

What goes around.....

Absolutely, a few months ago we were working in a front garden and the neighbour reversed her car off her drive straight into a brand new golf gti and then drove off as she was late for Pilates!

Owner of the golf came back and we acted as witnesses but the insurance company added my groundie as the fault person and it got added to his record, took him a week of frantic phone calls to fix it. On the plus side the golf driver was made up we recorded it as her fault excess was big!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Does this class as leaving the scene of an accident? Or does it only count when being driven? What will the charge be? Prosecution wise.

Good luck! :-)

Probably sweet FA, a similar thing happened to a mate a few years back, had his motorbike parked outside a shop, woman in a 4x4 reversed back and tipped the bike over cracking fairing etc, stopped, got out, looked at the damage and drove off. There were a couple of witnesses but for some reason my mate didn't get their details and although one worked in the shop next door she decided she didn't want to get involved. He phoned the police who got there eventually (the station was about 300 yards away) after driving past him twice while he's stood with a crash helmet waving at them.

Long story short, driver was uninsured, Police done her for no insurance and done damn all about the fact she'd caused damage to his bike and left the scene. After about 6 months constantly contacting and getting strung along by plod he gave up as it simply wasn't (to him anyway) worth the grief.

I personally have little faith in the forces of law and order, to protect and self serve about sums it up IMO.

For the sake of my blood pressure I think I'll leave it at that :thumbdown:

Edited by R Mac

It is insured Ted, my insurance company checked the database.

I have a £500 voluntary excess though. My insurers said if they get an admission of liability and are able to recover full costs from the other party then I won't be liable to pay the excess.

I'm going to pursue a small claims action for uninsured losses - my time, effort and inconvenience too!

Is that @ £31.25 a week Kevin :wink:

Bob