I was watching this video......

Tall Biker

You can acheive the same thing on ddrt using a choker with 2 rings on it around the stem.

That can be moved down by flipping your rope to tie in again at waist level

Thanks madasever (LOL)

Heres a vid of a guy doing what I think you mean, could you check it out when you have a mo and see if it is. At 40 secs he uses a long tail in the same way as the original guy......

[ame=

]
[/ame] Edited by Tall Biker

If your interest is that particular technique its a retrievable top anchor or tie in point (TIP), specifically, that technique is a stem choker.

It can be rigged with a biner or even a micro pulley to take a bit of the drag out of the retrieve.

If you use hardware pay attention to biner orientation (gate outward)

Excellent thanks again treequip, good to know the name, and yes I have since seen the set up with the micro pulley. God I love learning this stuff, its fascinating and so much fun trying it out :)

I was going to write that :001_tongue:

I've tried it with a choking simple ring-ring saver but is very limited.

That belay/descend kit is awesome but for "part time" works, once in awhile, I use a running bowline or a alpine butterfly+binner to choke the rope SRT mode and a HMS biner with munter hitch as descender (with a friction hitch as backup).

I need a 8 or a rope wrench:blushing:

Yes it looks amazing but not cheap for occasional use...

I just posted another reply with a vid link showing the kind of thing you are saying. My main line uses a zigzag so I guess I could continue using that with this set up :)