Price of saw dust

Busy Daddy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bedding for horses will be a pain if trying to sell

They are really unbelievable fussy a local farm producing bedding is tippung 2 12tonne sillage trailers a day of dust extracted from the bedding to be muck spread

If its chips as opposed to dust the chain oil can cause skin irritation for the horses and if mixed in with compost goes for years without breaking down and if to much is added in and left sucks the nitrogen from the soil to finish the decaying process so is a backwards step

We used to give it away (occasionally sell it) in builders bags to horsey types. Assuming you can get a fiver a bag for it, consider the time it takes to load the bags, store the bags, handle the bags and market the sawdust compared to just sticking it in a massive pile and they shovel loading it into a grain trailer for a farmer. It's just not worth the time or effort. Regard it as a waste product. If you can get rid of it efficiently for free, great. If you can burn it yourself to create heat, even better.

Thanks! I have a japa one which dose the job well. I'm really looking for a war to get the dust out of our sawdust if anyone has any suggestions.

Ken mills engineering do a proper set up but the filter housing alone is 5 grand for the big setup dont know about smaller setups plus the fan

Impact air are another company and i will find the name of another fompany in a minute

These are all professional dust extraction systems for horse bedding type applications although to do it really properly you will require a dust drum ken mills also sell this

It is a screen that rotates against a brush so the large particles get knocked of to go to the output side and the dust gets sucked through this then has to go to a filter bank that catches the dust and depending on the output may require a cyclone to let the dust settle

The dust drym is the most important part as this does the seperation the rest is just trying to catch the dust and not let it blow off in the wind

are there any businesses in the area that require a lot of heat? I cant help thinking greenhouses/ laundries/ swimming pools etc need a lot of heat throughout the year. Perhaps see if it makes sense for them to buy a sawdust stove and you sell them the sawdust?

Failing that I'd be burning the sawdust to dry logs.

Place I used to get it charged £1.50 a bag. When I asked what size bag they said whatever you bring and I had some we used to cover pallets. You had to fill them yourself but they were true to their word and only charged the £1.50. I could only just lift it into the van.

Ken mills engineering do a proper set up but the filter housing alone is 5 grand for the big setup dont know about smaller setups plus the fan

Impact air are another company and i will find the name of another fompany in a minute

These are all professional dust extraction systems for horse bedding type applications although to do it really properly you will require a dust drum ken mills also sell this

It is a screen that rotates against a brush so the large particles get knocked of to go to the output side and the dust gets sucked through this then has to go to a filter bank that catches the dust and depending on the output may require a cyclone to let the dust settle

The dust drym is the most important part as this does the seperation the rest is just trying to catch the dust and not let it blow off in the wind

Very helpful, thank you.