Which Chipper??

Stuart Witt

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

had a jensen 530 where i used to work. was a solid hard working chipper and couldnt really fault it until going over a speedbump slowly in bradford one of the indespension units peeled away leaving us stranded.

while we were waiting for the replacement unit we borrowed a similarly specced vermeer. not only was it considerably heavier, the grp engine cover was horrid, the controls were needless and overly complicated, the clutch sounded like something being eaten alive, and the stress sense system literally refused to chip anything near its capacity, oh and the multiple control bar switches were knackered.

so ive used two chippers and didnt really like either, no thats not fair, the jensen was good, but i would like to demo a greenmech and see what theyre all about. reckon the 15-23 with the 34hp td engine would suit me down to the ground.

sorry i cant be more help than that

i would like to demo a greenmech and see what theyre all about. reckon the 15-23 with the 34hp td engine would suit me down to the ground.

The old greenmechs were shite, but the newer range are excellent machines. Don't think you'll go wrong with the 15-23 you're talking about.:icon14:

The old greenmechs were shite, but the newer range are excellent machines. Don't think you'll go wrong with the 15-23 you're talking about.:icon14:

anyone have an idea on the price of this machine? where i recognise i could email greenmech about it, and will closer to the time in persuit of a demo, i cant be bothered right now if im honest.

another consideration will be buying an old chipper, but i never see too many of these for sale??

obviously older machines when made would have been subject to different rules and regs than a machine built today... would this affect their ability to be used commercially today?

thanks