365xt loose pipe

Gbaz

When cleaning the air filter yesterday I noticed a rubber pipe not connected to anything in the air filter compartment The only place that I could see it could belong, is a blue plastic elbow visible from the rear handle end of the saw and coming from the tank. The pipe came through the bottom of the air filter compartment and I have now pushed it through another hole in the bottom and connected it to the blue elbow. Does this sound right, I hadn't noticed any running issues?

I have now noticed that when idling, the revs will sometimes increase slightly when I point the saw bar down? This only happens occasionally.

Any advice gladly received.

When cleaning the air filter yesterday I noticed a rubber pipe not connected to anything in the air filter compartment The only place that I could see it could belong, is a blue plastic elbow visible from the rear handle end of the saw and coming from the tank. The pipe came through the bottom of the air filter compartment and I have now pushed it through another hole in the bottom and connected it to the blue elbow. Does this sound right, I hadn't noticed any running issues?

I have now noticed that when idling, the revs will sometimes increase slightly when I point the saw bar down? This only happens occasionally.

Any advice gladly received.

It sounds like the tank breather tube, it typically connects to the connector close to where the fuel pipe exits the fuel tank and really can't remember where it vents but I think it comes up through the base of the air box and is pushed back in to a hole close to the manifold in the same base of the air box.

Get some pics up if unsure! It is just a vent and allows air in to the tank as the fuel comes out. It will still work if there is no pipe at all but may become blocked more easily if left like this!

Thanks spud. I will try and get some pics to be sure. Any dea what could cause the idle revs to increase when the saw is tipped forward?

Could just be the fuel pipe not sitting correctly or just being a bit low on fuel and the filter being partially submerged in fuel and then being totally submerged once the saw is tilted.

Unlikely to be the crank seals on a newer saw, possibly crud in the carb gauze filter shifting around, worth checking the fuel line as I have had a few chafe where it comes out of the tank.

Sometimes if the saw is a bit rich on idle it can do it so you could lean down the L screw and see if it helps. It won't harm the saw!

You now know what I do:thumbup: