Reg on one handing a saw

stihlmadasever

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best way forward in the end, it'll be interesting to see what comes out of it :thumbup1:

Well, whether you like, dislike either or both Mark and myself, raising awareness is the best and most important thing that can come out of it. Getting people to do some self evaluation.

Reg, I wouldn't be too self reflective of how the whole saga unfolded.

One thing in particular I've noticed in the last 24 hours at least is the amount of sarcastic comments on Arbtalk between friends about two handed use, one handed use. So whilst you say the manner in which it was brought to the stage wasn't deemed the most appropriate one, it has highlighted the need for us all to continue to address how we work and how safely we do it to return home to family etc after a days shift.

The whole thing has raised our conscience when it comes to how many hands we have on the chainsaw whilst working in the tree.

It has likely made many readers probably think that tiny bit extra, to make them question whether the times when they are using the saw one handed, are they being "lazy", or in that particular circumstance making them question their best positioning to do the required cuts with the saw with safety at the fore as opposed to complacency.

Good luck with whatever is in the pipeline.

I'd hold your horses on that score.... fitting a round peg in a square hole is about to be attempted...:thumbup1:

It's worked out pretty good I would say ,it could of escalated far nastier, as tree workers tend to be in groups and certain groups won't entertain this forum as they feel they are above it , too many key board warriors maybe ;) ..working Arb's need more respected working tree guys like reg to make and give us a voice higher up the chain than being dictated too by people who end up making the rules who have been fortunate enough to come from a back ground where traveling the world and playing trees with there mates and having no real pressure or worries is there reality whilst the rest of us will have to have that 020 taken from are dead arthritic one hand that we have used to keep a roof over our head and family... oh and pay for all the new stupid nptcs we needed to carry on doing so.

It's worked out pretty good I would say ,it could of escalated far nastier, as tree workers tend to be in groups and certain groups won't entertain this forum as they feel they are above it , too many key board warriors maybe ;) ..working Arb's need more respected working tree guys like reg to make and give us a voice higher up the chain than being dictated too by people who end up making the rules who have been fortunate enough to come from a back ground where traveling the world and playing trees with there mates and having no real pressure or worries is there reality whilst the rest of us will have to have that 020 taken from are dead arthritic one hand that we have used to keep a roof over our head and family... oh and pay for all the new stupid nptcs we needed to carry on doing so.

Working mans perspective :thumbup1:

IMO you can consider yourself a respected working tree guy, always given me advice when asked without being dismissive and it's appreciated.

Edited by R Mac