Work

Bird

I wouldn't change my cards but I'm baffled why it's a bragging point for some

I do one church on my round.. but I never mention it in conversation or owt..

Well maybe I did one time when talkin to one of my Jewish clients, see if he had an opinion on the matter or see if it lead to him striking up a conversation on the merits of Judaism over Christianity...

In fact the last time I did the church, I found myself arguing with the fella who runs the show... had him held up for near on an hour explaining how all his beliefs were all made up nonesense...

Not so sure if I'll be doin it next year:blushing:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do one church on my round.. but I never mention it in conversation or owt..

Well maybe I did one time when talkin to one of my Jewish clients, see if he had an opinion on the matter or see if it lead to him striking up a conversation on the merits of Judaism over Christianity...

In fact the last time I did the church, I found myself arguing with the fella who runs the show... had him held up for near on an hour explaining how all his beliefs were all made up nonesense...

Not so sure if I'll be doin it next year:blushing:

I bet he was so glad you were able to straighten out his worldview.

I bet he felt quite foolish once you had explained how your own beliefs had been proved to be correct beyond any doubt.....

Oh wait

I bet he was so glad you were able to straighten out his worldview.

I bet he felt quite foolish once you had explained how your own beliefs had been proved to be correct beyond any doubt.....

Oh wait

Well I expected I would end up in a robust debate on the subject, what really happened is me talking about my christ myth theory why he stroked his chin and occasionally checked his watch.. I was very disappointed....

Still, the last time we had a run in he started off tryin to convince me what a rotten world we lived in... he soon stopped when I mentioned modern hospitals and free healthcare....

And he never did what I asked him to do, check out Richard Carrier, our last run in he promised to look him up and tell me what he thought, he never did... :thumbdown:

Just dont work there on the sabbath and dont blaspheim, the big man may strike thee down!

I had a grass cutting contract many years back, i knocked a head stone over with a ride on,quickly picked it up but i reckon my past sins are catching up with me now lol

Just dont work there on the sabbath and dont blaspheim, the big man may strike thee down!

I had a grass cutting contract many years back, i knocked a head stone over with a ride on,quickly picked it up but i reckon my past sins are catching up with me now lol

you never know, now you've confessed your sins, he might get your mower back...:thumbup1:

I would suspect bragging about working for the church may pick you up more work with the god squad, wether you want to or not depends on your views I suppose.

Sent from my E5823 using Arbtalk mobile app

Their money spends the same as anyone else's.

I'm happy to work for atheists, Muslims, Baha'i s, agnostics, LGBTs

Seikh, Hindu's. In fact, we even did some work for some full on satanists once. That was a strange experience.

Married couple in this huge house in Derby, garden was massive and immaculate.

I'm not sure whether we would put that on our business cards though.