Too many tree surgeons?!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Are there too many tree surgeons in the UK?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Are there too many tree surgeons in the UK?

• Far too many; so much competition I can barely survive!
    • Not too many but don't need any more!
    • Could do with a few more to be honest!
    • Nowhere near enough. So much wood and so little expertise!

I don't get what's wrong with that? Is it illegal to do tree work without a tipper or pickup?

So you have seen someone out working, using what they have to get the job done. Well done to them.

I use my VW polo for tree work sometimes.

Suprising how much cord wood fits in the back!

Haha, quality. Your poor little polo, obviously belongs to your better half, but does she know??? Lol. My boss used to use a Pug 106.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I don't get what's wrong with that? Is it illegal to do tree work without a tipper or pickup?

So you have seen someone out working, using what they have to get the job done. Well done to them.

I use my VW polo for tree work sometimes.

Suprising how much cord wood fits in the back!

well said, I m not in a position to be running gleaming state of the art tippers, use whatevers to hand to get the job done, customers don't give a toss as long as the jobs done well and for a good price. we are only glorified gardeners after all:biggrin:

It is a case of over supply by colleges and people thinking tree surgery is just a bit more complicated than landscaping.

Our further education system gets it wrong. The stats are along the lines of:

We need 80,000 engineers a year and our education system produces 8,000.

Yet they produce 80,000 beauticians for 8,000 jobs.

Not saying they are the same thing!

There are too many of everything its a small island and 1500 die, per day and 2000 are born. Thats without counting the europeans that flood in every day because their economies are stuffed. There was a shortage of plumbers so they trained 250,000. If you can buy a 3 bed house back home for 40k £6.75 an hour looks good. Nobodys fault just the way it is unfortunately they are not as easy going when we rock up in Barcelona looking for a bar job.

far to many lot of them working for nothing poor work prices so low bad reductions yet you cant find cutters cos every ones a tree surgeon

I noticed in the most recent copy of Forestry Journal about the Stihl Timbersports event. With the exception of one oil-rigger everyone at it was an arborist - no forestry cutters / woodman near it - what does that tell you. :sneaky2:

Haha, quality. Your poor little polo, obviously belongs to your better half, but does she know??? Lol. My boss used to use a Pug 106.

lol, my first ever self-employed tree job (take 6' off a 60' long conny hedge :lol:) and I tried to get it all in the back of a Peugeot 309 :blushing::lol:

I noticed in the most recent copy of Forestry Journal about the Stihl Timbersports event. With the exception of one oil-rigger everyone at it was an arborist - no forestry cutters / woodman near it - what does that tell you. :sneaky2:

Foresters don't do fun???

Round our way what really makes me laugh are the transit panel vans being loaded up through the side door and the rest strapped to the roof, what must the client be thinking?

It doesn't matter what vehicle it is, a clean sign written vehicle with people working correctly and safely gives the right impression.