L200 or Navara

Brushcutter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really really want a 110 or a 130. I love Landys i really do however i'm told by the ball and chain i can't have one as they're ulgy. Navara it is then.......

What?!!!! the Navara looks like some one has droped a pallet on it! Its not tall enough looks way of proportion.

Hi

Looking at getting a pick up truck second hand 2000-2004 age. Which would be better the L200 or the Navara? I've ruled out the Hilux as i'm not a fan of Toyota and i've had problems with the local dealer.

Nissan dealer is 10 mins from house and 10 from work the Mitsubishi one is a little longer about half hour each way.

I'm thinking Nissan Navara but there's lots of L200 for sale at the moment. Which is best of those two for on road use and a some but not a lot (10-20%) off road use.

Thanks

Andy

There's a lot of L200 for sale for a reason as far as I am concerned, there poor offroad,poor fuel economy and poor turning circle, I won't even go into the amount we sent back from a fleet that arrived at work with various bits falling off E.G. alternators,door handles etc.:thumbsdown:

i have a 130 landy, used to use a L200 mainly off-road in the highlands and have frequently driven Navaras, these are my quick opinions on all

the L200 is a great off road vehicle, but fairly thirsty (very if on decent off road tyres) i was getting about 220miles on £65 of fuel but that was on off road highland estate tracks!

the Navaras are better if your doing more road work with a little bit of off road, better fuel economy, better towing than the L200. But servicing costs are higher. I dont rate them as highly as the L200 off road though

My 130, its unreliable, thirsty, noisey, slow and way to big to pop to the local tescos in........but for work its bloody excelent. Will go everywhere the above two will and then some, will tow better, servicing costs are lower (although it does need a lot more TLC than the others would) and is a great vehicle for what it was designed to do!

Maybe you should consider a Fourtrack, there are still a few good ones out there that have never been used for work. Great vehicles, I have an N reg SWB which is an excellent 2nd vehicle for treework - towing chippers/ storing tools etc.

241104.jpg

I also have a Nissan D22 (main vehicle) which is the Kingcab version of the older Navara. Its been a very good pickup. Tows 3 tons and is reasonable good offroad. I like the pickups because you have more storage for all your tools and there is no fumes in the cab.

pickuppski2.JPG.5f910901ba82b038c6174572c7458a04.JPG

pickupski.JPG.e1e9b91861d3d752323224bd86305def.JPG