Trailer into pto chipper

Gray git

Top tether and I would also fit some runners under the feet like a sledge, it will stop it digging into tarmac ,sinking in soft ground and ripping/bending the legs off if the tractors gives it a nudge. Just thoughts.

Bob

Tether wasn't intended to hold the chipper but support the A frame for top link as Base plate is 8mm and took some serious cutting!

Was just talking about some foot plate skids tonight actually bob to protect it a bit should someone drive a bit before lifting, just need some more 80mm flat bar to make em.

Next main thing is to get the chamber cleaned out, change the hydraulic oil and filter and get the bugger spinning again to see how it runs!

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

0e55b79fc1cb95167d218647f1d0e287.jpg3d3ab765e2eaf0d5c30e12b932e78276.jpg

Got a bit more done last two evenings, chipper bolted down in place, shaft adapter on, gearbox on and support bars for it welded in and bolted and some tie straps twisted and bolted in to hold the a frame a bit more.

Changed the filter and oil now just got to make up the new pto shaft with overrun on 1 end and shear bolt on other so hopefully by end week I'll have it spun up nd found any problems with the chipper itself but hopefully non will show up.

Nice gear box looks strong.

Should be it's off the front of a big mog so should be able to take the hp. Easy to remove by undoing the 4 bolts and slide it of the shaft then in can go on the front of the tractor once I can afford to have a front pto fitted.