Trailer into pto chipper

Gray git

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 end pto shaft other end to shaft or gearbox.

Nope that has the make spline one side and a female spline on the other, the only thing it will attach to is a spline, see the split and pinch bolt, its to lock the clutch to a spline.

I don't think that's an over run clutch either, you don't need over run but it will take a lot of the "lash" out of things for the tractor gearbox

The way to get the clutch in play is to get a spline onto the end of the chipper input shaft and the simple way to do that is to get an adaptor made to go over the chipper input shaft on the one side, and bored and keyed on the other to take a splined shaft.

Trust me, I have done this before

It is a slip clutch and come with ether splind , keyed or share bolt.

The other thing to think about is to run at 1000 rpm off a tractor with 1000 rpm PTO is have you got to rev the balls out of tractor to get that. We use a 540rpm chipper at run the tractor on 750 rpm pto at lower revs so economy 540rpm uses a lot less fuel.

What size is the chipper John?

Looks like it will do the job when fabricated to fit :)

7" I believe, always was a good machine if a little underpowered from that twin cylinder engine but 100+ hp should sort that!

sentimental about this old chipper as it's the reason me nd wife met 14 years ago when I went to do some contract chipping for a conservation group she was a leader for.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app