Trailer into pto chipper

Gray git

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so far so good but now hit a snag and a big 1 at that, not enough room for the pto!

24" between tips of shafts on tractor and chipper which leaves not much room for overlap on pto.1fe9d1d6673ff4b5dccf82aa3d64d5f7.jpgb28b27fd0b31c14c463c5b79afcbf8aa.jpge34818a0c14783492580b79f009adb55.jpg

Any idea's anyone?

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app

I may be talking stupid but can you get a shorter pto shaft? Or even cut that one down though I don't know if that's even possible or a good idea!

Should be ok with right size shaft most hedge cutters run short PTO shafts think the one I use is shorter then that.

:thumbup1: It is recommended that you have an over lap of 1/3 total length.

Shorten it by the minimum necessary so it doesn't foul when at its shortest.

Looking at your photos you should have at least 12" overlap on a total length of 30".

The way the shafts are put on the floor is where they will be clipped on to both ends, part of the problem is big ends from clicker on 1 and shear bolt on other.

Think I'm going to end up extending the bottom links on chipper out a bit to push it out more and give more room.

Sent from my D5803 using Arbtalk mobile app