Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

A bit of a handy 5mm thread reclaimer for plastics on saws etc where space allows.

There are a few flavours of these, I find the continuous external threaded ones the best.

IMG_3748.thumb.JPG.c9d77c3ff21b1f4b0457366306a9f0e1.JPG

Open up the hole, these inserts are tight at 9mm but other makes may vary. Chamfer with a 13mm drill

IMG_3746.thumb.JPG.c5b88d5c28d34bcbfd812d3404c485bd.JPG

Use a drop of super glue and wind in with an allen key.

IMG_3747.thumb.JPG.51ca5ae43491fa67c7fcba6a1b26f361.JPG

IMG_3744.thumb.JPG.7a0c77e69d4873ac1553ff8ee518fbfe.JPG

IMG_3751.thumb.JPG.775964584bf5f8f4d9fdce3e2c23f3f7.JPG

IMG_3745.JPG

Edited by aspenarb
  • Like 11

After struggling to replace all the gear fluids (axles, gearbox and transfer box) on my dumper with a 500cc hand syringe, I was fed up. So much pressure needed that whatever gun I’ve ever used always leaks from the seal on the screw cap. Hard work, and no gun ever seems to draw up from a can so you end up unscrewing the cap and pouring the can in, getting oily in the process. 

So I bought one of these. It turned up yesterday and made it a pleasure to change the gearbox and diff oils on my tipper. It will both suck and blow (stop sniggering at the back) so you can use it for drawing out old oil if the drain bung is inaccessible. 

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Pneumatic ATF Oil Dispenser is a specialty kit, designed for efficient undercar transmission fluid...

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
On 17/04/2021 at 21:07, doobin said:

After struggling to replace all the gear fluids (axles, gearbox and transfer box) on my dumper with a 500cc hand syringe, I was fed up. So much pressure needed that whatever gun I’ve ever used always leaks from the seal on the screw cap. Hard work, and no gun ever seems to draw up from a can so you end up unscrewing the cap and pouring the can in, getting oily in the process. 

So I bought one of these. It turned up yesterday and made it a pleasure to change the gearbox and diff oils on my tipper. It will both suck and blow (stop sniggering at the back) so you can use it for drawing out old oil if the drain bung is inaccessible. 

Pneumatic ATF Oil Dispenser is a specialty kit, designed for efficient undercar transmission fluid...

I made a few oil dispensers out of old gas cylinders.

image_zpsbtsrjvvr.jpg

image_zpskfeljjyb.jpg

image_zpshmseaayx.jpg
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great tool for the money, 2 ft long sealy ratchet. I bought it for 15 quid at LAMMA  a couple of years ago. It's a bit clunky but it's taken some real pulling without breaking. It's clipped into my discovery with 2 Quickfist clamps, which are also great, to use as the wheel brace but it gets used for all sorts of jobs👌👌

20220306_141532320.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

These are a 'how did I manage without them?' tool.  Long multipoint ring spanners, US Pro, only about 30 quid the set👌👌   I have managed to bend the smallest one, trying to undo a viscous fan on a D3 but we were giving it some real abuse and I have since bought the proper spanner/locking tool kit, which is brilliant 👌👌

There are also a couple of offset ring spanners in the picture, only cheap ones but they are also bloody handy when needed👍👍

20220317_202301603.jpg

• Like 4