Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

• 3 months later...

On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 19:48, aspenarb said:

Its been in hibernation so I dug it out today ( feck loads of saw maintainence to do :thumbdown: ) , cleaned it up,made it look prety and bolted it back on the bench . Very easy to make from a lump of 1"1/4 waterpipe, short piece of 35mm solid rod , some 50x10mm flate plate, and a 16 mm bolt.

The adapters bolt on where the bar would go so you will need to make a few different ones to suit, I stamp them up so I know what they fit. You also need to trim them down as much as possible to to give you access to the clutch/brake etc. Its much easier than chasing a saw around a bench, most jobs can be done without removing it from the fixture. Makes this work so much easier

Bob

image_zpseq9dlfwe.jpg

image_zpsyz1tv1xp.jpg

image_zpscqs6tpd6.jpg

image_zpsfhco6q7x.jpg

image_zpsf0pjs9g3.jpg

image_zpsidwyut78.jpg

image_zpswlctsr1b.jpg

image_zps7irepulh.jpg

bought an aldi retractable air line too and mounted it outside me garage, onto the wall.  I drilled a small hole thru the door frame and ran the short air supply line thru it to the compressor that lives within.  I got tired of blowing out saws all over me boikes and work bench and generally making a mess.  I now have 2 air lines,  1 inside the garage and 1 outside....much nicer blowing out stuff outdoors.  The exterior airline means I can now easily check the vehicles tyre pressures and when i'm done it all retracts back into the holder neatly and me n' she aren't tripping over a coiled up mess of airline on the floor.  it's so good I bought one fer me neighbour too.

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 17:38, aspenarb said:

SWMBO sent me off down to Aldi for some steaks and said if there are none get something else so I got a borescope.:thumbup1:

It was £40ish and was not really expecting much but I have to say its brilliant. Resolution is good, its ideal for poking around inside a chainsaw, gearboxes etc prior to stripping them down. Dont look up yer nose or in yer lugs though :thumbdown:

image_zpsgwnztwig.jpg

image_zpsz8n4plhd.jpg

yes I couldn't resist buying one of those too!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These tyre plug kits are worth having, saved the day on many occasions including this morning :)  There are several kits but the slimmest and least bulky are the cheap sets off ebay, spare strings are also available. Best to keep the spare strings wrapped in clingfilm or they do in time dry out.

Slimline mobile kit , about a tenner on ebay  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYRE-PUNCTURE-REPAIR-KIT-OFF-ROAD-TUBELESS-PLUGS-4X4-4WD/352126969738?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

64256FD3-0448-4E7F-B0A2-17AE1FA4124E_zps

Workshop kit

D20B9C67-8718-4D31-A95C-EEB49CACA987_zps

Pull out the nail or whatever it is, for big repairs you can stuff up to three strings in the hole

DDB97546-46F8-4887-9E0E-98EC4BADF751_zps

Rasp out the hole with gadget supplied in the kit.

437028EC-31AC-49D2-8942-A139C3655AE0_zps

Fit string in tool and coat with the slime supplied

C4607AB3-0E18-41CC-9745-AD61A1479181_zps

Shove in hole and draw out so both ends are visible ( two bits of string in hole)

13FD3EB3-E75B-45F0-9EBE-540767F2C6E3_zps

Job done, just trim off flush with knife in kit.

E075A2C7-5646-45CC-9A24-AAA66DADC662_zps

018DF1C1-AE38-4CDE-9D02-DCD5CB51D2E0_zps

Edited by aspenarb
  • Like 3

On 3/18/2018 at 16:39, Ian C said:

Looks like you bought the lot bob ! Out of stock now

My link was a bum steer Ian, they are a bit cheaper here and a few more bits in there too  :thumbup1: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/59pcs-Tubeless-Tyre-Repair-Kit-Emergency-Motorcycle-Van-Car-Puncture-Repair-Case/253452436061?hash=item3b02f1425d:g:I~YAAOSwySlaMPlv

• Like 1