Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

1 hour ago, shavey said:

Did you find the edges on the grip too square too start with when new on high tensile barb wire it would break

I think I've snapped a couple near the start but didn't really think about it. The only modification we made was to weld the plates on so they don't come loose anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, youngsbury said:

Got miself a set of wobble impacts. There right handy 

09FEEF1D-29F3-4155-BE08-7E3BCD5AD76D.jpeg

I will get ymself some- didn't even know they were a thing!

I used my 3/4" UJ for the first time the other day in anger. Sort of thing you think you'll never need, but if you do it saves a lot of time.

I also used for the first time in anger the genuine (£250 each!!!!) 12AH Milwaukee high output batteries. The knockoffs I use are great for most things but the big 150mm battery grinder has so much startup load that it needs the high output batteries. The 3/4" gun wouldn't budge it, I swapped out the battery for the 12AH high output and away we went.

I wouldn't spend out on them for all my gear, but I did think to myself as I watched the smoke coming off the nut, "that's where the money's worth is"!

Nothing fancy but these two have earned their keep many times over

A Snap-on Allen key and a 150mm Bahco adjustable. Both over 30 years old. Dressed the Allen keys a few times and the adjustable has had a new jaw but both as useful as they day they were bought

IMG_20220407_091816.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gray git said:

DSC_2426.jpegIMG-20220406-WA0011.jpeg

£100 for a set of big spanners from 27mm to 50mm is money well spent if you have hydraulic fittings to fight with.

Yup.... I only needed a big spanner once and that was a good few months back..... borrowed one for that job then bought a set!

28 minutes ago, swinny said:

Yup.... I only needed a big spanner once and that was a good few months back..... borrowed one for that job then bought a set!

When at car boot sales years ago now, always pick up the odd large spanners most have sat in a old ammo box but been very handy. Also some have been cut and welded to get into places. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, woody paul said:

When at car boot sales years ago now, always pick up the odd large spanners most have sat in a old ammo box but been very handy. Also some have been cut and welded to get into places. 

If I ever give to car boots I always go with a wedge of cash.... don't go much anymore but a recent visit to a couple and there's never owt interesting anymore just tat 😞

1 minute ago, swinny said:

If I ever give to car boots I always go with a wedge of cash.... don't go much anymore but a recent visit to a couple and there's never owt interesting anymore just tat 😞

That's why I never both now, couple of years ago was the last time I went.