Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

11 hours ago, william127 said:

These are a 'how did I manage without them?' tool.  Long multipoint ring spanners, US Pro, only about 30 quid the set👌👌   I have managed to bend the smallest one, trying to undo a viscous fan on a D3 but we were giving it some real abuse and I have since bought the proper spanner/locking tool kit, which is brilliant 👌👌

There are also a couple of offset ring spanners in the picture, only cheap ones but they are also bloody handy when needed👍👍

20220317_202301603.jpg

I was much the same after buying my first set of "stubby" wrenches and then got all giddy and bought a crow foot set and then a set of ratchet combination spanners.  
They don't get as much use as they used to but when they do.... they save time/knuckles/blood-sweat-tears

Love-em almost as much as my saws!

• Like 2

Not tools as such but these are blooming useful- 

a farm trailer I bought unseen at an auction (biggest farm sale there's ever been round here and I was working away from home😫😫)When I went to pick it up it turned out to be full of scrap, which on closer inspection was actually decent lengths of angle, box section, tubes and enough of the side railing panels to do another trailer! So until I get round to welding it all together as a log trailer it's my metal store👌👌👌

The other are my outside work benches, I have the one in the picture and another one by my containers. They're not really  work benches for doing projects on, more like handy tables for putting stuff on when sorting out tools, loading and unloading the van etc👌👌

20220321_090803804.jpg

20220321_090751980.jpg

20220321_090939241.jpg

20220321_090949997.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, shavey said:

Thought these where worth a mention trewhella monkey strainers makes quick work of barb wiring 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Yes they do and even better if like me have 4 and strain 4 lines of wire at once so less walking up and down checking how wire is. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, woody paul said:

Yes they do and even better if like me have 4 and strain 4 lines of wire at once so less walking up and down checking how wire is. 

Yes totally agree I got three sets to keep going and finish a line and start another run

theres been a few on eBay lately fetching strong money

2 minutes ago, shavey said:

Yes totally agree I got three sets to keep going and finish a line and start another run

theres been a few on eBay lately fetching strong money

You right there make silly money. I bought 2 at a car boot sale years ago for £20 bloke selling them had no idea what they were for  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, woody paul said:

You right there make silly money. I bought 2 at a car boot sale years ago for £20 bloke selling them had no idea what they were for  

That was a deal you could get 1000% profit on those My last pair cost £150 new in box on eBay about three years ago 

mole valley farmers used too sell them 

27 minutes ago, shavey said:

That was a deal you could get 1000% profit on those My last pair cost £150 new in box on eBay about three years ago 

mole valley farmers used too sell them 

There was another thread just days ago where someone asked for an ID of this tool, and while I know there is always different quality to various brands of tools but these are probably the cheapest.

The first listing is £28 and 10 listings down the same tool is £140 .

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Find great deals on eBay for fence+wire+tensioner. Shop with confidence.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, shavey said:

Yes those two piece tensioners don’t quite cut the mustard  bit of a flav joining them up

here’s the last two I was watching 

0973788A-7F6F-4941-BBA2-21F652EF1040.jpeg

Yep. I assumed that, I only have a small stock fence around my garden but without the correct tools over uneven ground it's difficult to make it look tidy, it was just 2 completely different prices for the exact same tool that caught my eye, cheers.

Edited by Macpherson
  • Like 1