Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Theese shears are good  dangerously sharp can trim sheep or grass.

jakoti_20161011_0021_1024x1024@2x.JPG?v=

Does the wife have decent manaul secateurs already ?

WWW.NIWAKI.COM

Okastune are good.

Thanks - she has secateurs - many - half a dozen or so, but are they any good?  Mainly not, so maybe a decent set of manual ones - thanks for the Oakastune recommendation.

11 minutes ago, woody paul said:

Bought a Bosch GDS 18v 300 impact wrench a couple of months ago should have bought one along time ago the time it has saved is amazing. 

Quicker wheel changing, flails on hedge cutter, and working on land rover today it was great. 

Impact wrenches are fantastic tools. I have the big 3/4 makita, smaller 1/2” makita plus a right angle mikwaukee 1/2” which is proper handy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

not really an arb tool but, for diy around the house a cross line laser level is a great bit of kit, i got one for €80 with a clamp for on door frames etc, i also use it with a small camera tripod i  had.

its been  so handy for setting out tiles, leveling floors and tons of other stuff.

definitely recommend for a renovation project.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2021 at 19:37, doobin said:

Impact wrenches are fantastic tools. I have the big 3/4 makita, smaller 1/2” makita plus a right angle mikwaukee 1/2” which is proper handy.

I have similar,  1/2 inch compact brushless makita, (had for years, brilliant), big 1/2  makita (well not technically mine, it's on long term loan, loads of grunt but a bit awkward) and I've just got a 12v Milwaukee right angle,haven't really used it much but it'll save the day one day! 

I should also mention the 12v Milwaukee riveter,  400 odd rivetes per battery, very well made and only £230 with case, battery and charger. The case is big enough to fit the 12v combi drill, 3 batteries, charger and a tape measure which is pretty handy.

Bit of a luxury but I was fed up with hand riveters falling apart or needing loads of room to use!  

I think that when it comes to 18v stuff makita and Milwaukee are pretty even but in the 12v stuff Milwaukee are miles ahead.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, william127 said:

I think that when it comes to 18v stuff makita and Milwaukee are pretty even but in the 12v stuff Milwaukee are miles ahead.

I have pondered why they bother with 12V as well as their 18V, what does 12 do that 18 cant?

Ditto re other brands.