Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

Not so much tool related but handy enuf to fix roadside and they are cheap. I carry a spare nearside door mirror glass and the small blindspot glass too. With the narrow Devon lanes (is Big J reading this?!) they take a hammering with hazel and beech hedging protruding out onto the road. 

20201019_182355.jpg

20201019_182342.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone doing a bit of hand pruning these ergo secateurs save your wrist from rsi 

WWW.BAHCO.COM

{ "1": "ERGO\u2122 Bypass Secateurs with Rotating Handle" }

The lower handle rotates as you close it. I've had one for about 15 years, take it with me when I go pruning every time. I think they were originally designed for pruning/picking grapes.

• Like 2

I'd say if you are doing enough pruning that rotating handles are worth considering you should buy some electric secateurs.

My first pair were "cheap" copies but the increase in speed meant they had paid for themselves in 10 days of use. I do spend at least two months each year pruning apples though.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

These hats with the inbuilt LED lights.

Chargeable in your phone charger, great for winter mornings loading vans etc.

61D9C72B-4412-497D-9D98-5AE458782674.jpeg

Second that! I got one from the missus for fancying about in locking gates, unloading trailers etc!

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2020 at 19:25, Peasgood said:

I'd say if you are doing enough pruning that rotating handles are worth considering you should buy some electric secateurs.

My first pair were "cheap" copies but the increase in speed meant they had paid for themselves in 10 days of use. I do spend at least two months each year pruning apples though.

Any recommendations for electric secateurs, say up to £100?  I've seen the Bosch Easyprune for around £75 but interested to know what else is recommended.  Foe use by my wife in the garden rather than for 'professional' use, but will still be put to some quite heavy work (1.5 acre garden with lots of herbaceous borders and shrubs etc!!).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TuscanPhil said:

Any recommendations for electric secateurs, say up to £100?  I've seen the Bosch Easyprune for around £75 but interested to know what else is recommended.  Foe use by my wife in the garden rather than for 'professional' use, but will still be put to some quite heavy work (1.5 acre garden with lots of herbaceous borders and shrubs etc!!).

My "cheap" copies were over £300