Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

Socket set in at lidl at the minute, £35 and you get a lot in it, 1/2" and 1/4" drive, 4-32mm sockets, deep sockets, spark plug sockets, torx, hex, screwdriver bits etc etc etc

Seems decent enough quality, handy box for keeping in the van
DSCN2307x.thumb.jpg.4ca65e1a9221919430f529aca5c67bd5.jpg
Definitely worth it for in the van and a lot less painful if some little scrote walks off with it while tracking the grinder around the house than when they did with my 100 od quid halfroad one

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure whether Hombase are in trouble but they are selling off tools quite cheap. Bought the two measuring wheels and two big tapes for a tenner each, seem to be good quality. Best to reserve them on line and check out availability before trudging down there.

WWW.HOMEBASE.CO.UK

Find great deals in our Tools clearance event. Available online and in store.

Bob

IMG_2986.thumb.JPG.44e0f20977156b268757d725c7ba425d.JPG

Edited by aspenarb
because he is an illiterate twat
  • Like 1

On 06/12/2019 at 20:37, Mark Bolam said:

Good heads-up mate, cheers.

Couple of ‘Teng’ stickers and that’s my big bro’s present sorted!

It would be rude not to pick one up for myself when I’m there....

I did get one for my bro, and one for myself.

Unbelievable value for money.

Cheers @scbk

Not sure if this is "worthy of a mention" or not, 3/4" socket set, £52 delivered from ebay.

Can't imagine the ratchet will last long, but for me this set will only get used a few times a year.

The thing weighs about 15kg!

DSCN2316x.jpg

Edited by scbk
  • Like 2

A little gadget that has proven very useful for checking out relays on chippers etc and less than a tenner

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

1 x Cars Relay Tester. Compact design, lightweight and portable, easy to carry and use.

Really simple to use. connect to a 12v supply, put the relay in , select 4/5 pin and press start. It will cycle ten times and then give a green light for ok or red for a duff.

Bob

IMG_2991.thumb.JPG.09a8811d45b74f895aa786bf89de6a51.JPGIMG_2989.thumb.JPG.17a07cde7dfff405d5d8de8f3b98cc2c.JPGIMG_2990.thumb.JPG.8158498bf7bab7714593135ceb8f96c6.JPG

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

A little gadget that has proven very useful for checking out relays on chippers etc and less than a tenner

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

1 x Cars Relay Tester. Compact design, lightweight and portable, easy to carry and use.

Really simple to use. connect to a 12v supply, put the relay in , select 4/5 pin and press start. It will cycle ten times and then give a green light for ok or red for a duff.

Bob

IMG_2991.thumb.JPG.09a8811d45b74f895aa786bf89de6a51.JPGIMG_2989.thumb.JPG.17a07cde7dfff405d5d8de8f3b98cc2c.JPGIMG_2990.thumb.JPG.8158498bf7bab7714593135ceb8f96c6.JPG

That is useful and will be added to my Ebay basket!

Only the other week I brought a new stop solenoid for a crusher as I assumed it had broken, when it turned out to be a relay. I was getting power to the solenoid, it just wasnt enough. That gadget would have sorted it!

• Like 1

On 29/12/2019 at 14:36, scbk said:

Not sure if this is "worthy of a mention" or not, 3/4" socket set, £52 delivered from ebay.

Can't imagine the ratchet will last long, but for me this set will only get used a few times a year.

The thing weighs about 15kg!

DSCN2316x.jpg

I’ve got that set- only badged as Silverline. Didn’t think it would last long but 5 years later and many scaffold bars applied its still all functioning.

On 28/12/2019 at 16:32, aspenarb said:

Not sure whether Hombase are in trouble but they are selling off tools quite cheap. Bought the two measuring wheels and two big tapes for a tenner each, seem to be good quality. Best to reserve them on line and check out availability before trudging down there.

WWW.HOMEBASE.CO.UK

Bob

IMG_2986.thumb.JPG.44e0f20977156b268757d725c7ba425d.JPG

Was a good tip off thanks Bob. Got a 2 of 60m tapes, 2 good big sledghammers, 3 750mm quick clamps, good looking tap and die set, and loads of welding gauntlets for less a hundred quid. Stopping stocking certain items apparently. Got 4 estwing hammers a while back in home base for same reason, proper job £75 type for £30. I’ll have to spray them pink or something though as the leather handles make them invisible to man.

• Like 1

WWW.HOMEBASE.CO.UK
Bob

Do you actually need that measuring stuff or did you just buy it cos was discounted!
Are you building football pitches now?
[emoji23][emoji12]
  • Haha 2