Tools worthy of a mention.

aspenarb

3 hours ago, aspenarb said:

Kinell! took a few minutes to find this thread.

One for the bolt butchers and that includes myself. A small deburring gadget that goes in a cordless for tidying up the ends of bolts that have been mashed or cut down to length with a hacksaw. Makes easy work of it :thumbup1:

Link https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Laser-Tools-7510-External-Deburr-Chamfer-Tool-3MM-19MM-REPAIR-DAMAGED-BOLTS/362506781214?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

FD7958AC-C718-44C0-AA03-39E1AF318284_zps

16mm tow bar sized bolt

F912AA18-B8BE-4A07-9B60-4D04C88A5938_zps

Is an old method, cone centers are used on lathes fr chamfering components. K

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think any arb company on setting up should be made to purchase a compressor, 3 litres of white spirit and a box of cheap paint brushes!!!!

Judging by most of the saws I get in, they are all strangers to regular cleaning and servicing.

The other great thing about having a compressor to run an air line is that you can pump up your tyres without getting tired - see what I did;) and an impact gun makes your workshop sound like a Formula 1 garage....Oh, damn I am good....work it out!

Edited by spudulike
  • Like 5

I think any arb company on setting up should be made to purchase a compressor, 3 litres of white spirit and a box of cheap paint brushes!!!!
Judging by most of the saws I get in, they are all strangers to regular cleaning and servicing.
The other great thing about having a compressor to run an air line is that you can pump up your tires without getting tyred - see what I did[emoji6] and an impact gun makes your workshop sound like a Formula 1 garage....Oh, damn I am good....work it out!
Impact gun formula 1 sounds are basically why I bought a compressor, all other uses are of secondary Interest
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Stubby said:

I have had a small compressor for about 20 years . I have had 2 slow punctures in the back tiers of my truck for almost as long ?

I’ve a slow on one of my rangers rears and the fronts need balancing..... i’ll get new tyres first lol

slows been here for a good few years also ? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

These cord pin end terminals are worth a mention, brilliant on things like tow sockets where the screw will eat through the cable if you overtighten and any hairy bits you miss touch each other knocking fuses out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/800Pcs-AWG-10-22-Wire-Copper-Crimp-Connector-Insulated-Cord-Pin-End-Terminal-/273147641709?hash=item3f98de3f6d

Just bare back the cable, double it up, slide it to the end of the ferrule ,push it into the terminal block and screw it down, no special tools needed

Bob

s-l1600.jpg

873E0A58-AC96-4FA9-8B57-870C034EE25C_zps

28EBAC2B-4732-4085-8CBC-44761848E4C1_zps

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1