Advice on husky 435 capabilities

Gallagher28

Hi all

I've just recently passed my chainsaw crosscutting & maintenance and tree felling up to 200mm/8" (did bigger on the course though probably 11 - 12") I was hoping to use my qualification to make some money to pay of the damage of the saw, lessons and PPE, and hopefully start turning a profit :biggrin:.

But I don't want to bite off more than I can chew with my saw, its a husqvarna 435 I think 41cc with a 16" bar. It was slow when stumping some of the bigger trees on the course which made me think about making this post.

What sort of trees would the saw get through when crosscutting? When should I be thinking of a bigger saw?

I obviously wouldn't be felling past 8 - 10" when working as im not qualified for that, however I have some trees of larger size that I might want to take down domestically. What sort of felling size would it go up to.

Hi all

I've just recently passed my chainsaw crosscutting & maintenance and tree felling up to 200mm/8" (did bigger on the course though probably 11 - 12") I was hoping to use my qualification to make some money to pay of the damage of the saw, lessons and PPE, and hopefully start turning a profit :biggrin:.

But I don't want to bite off more than I can chew with my saw, its a husqvarna 435 I think 41cc with a 16" bar. It was slow when stumping some of the bigger trees on the course which made me think about making this post.

What sort of trees would the saw get through when crosscutting? When should I be thinking of a bigger saw?

I obviously wouldn't be felling past 8 - 10" when working as im not qualified for that, however I have some trees of larger size that I might want to take down domestically. What sort of felling size would it go up to.

You dont need a bigger saw you just need a pro saw . Husqvarna 550 , 560 or Echo or Dolmar equivalent etc etc etc.......

What Stubby and Richie said both go. If you're not after speed, then the 435 should do fine.

A query on your course_ what used to be CS30 & CS31, now 201, 202, & 203 covers felling of trees upto 380mm. You mention 200mm; which course did you do?

Edited by TGB

What Stubby and Richie said both go. If you're not after speed, then the 435 should do fine.

A query on your course_ what used to be CS30 & CS31, now 201, 202, & 203 covers felling of trees upto 380mm. You mention 200mm; which course did you do?

Evening TGB it's Lantra's basic course fells up to 200mm

Lantra Awards Technical Award in Chainsaw Basic Felling Techniques (up to 200mm Diameter) | Lantra

This is the course I did