Tp 660 chipper info.

Capstankid!

How do?

I have bought a 660 pto chipper that I run off a u900 unimog. I am planning to put it on the front as the back tipping box I have is very large. One problem I have found is that it doesn't throw chip very far and that it struggles to drag brash in. I am going to take the blades off and sharpen them and also adjust the size of the chip as it's very small. Anyways what I am asking is has anyone had much to do with these chippers and what have you found that helps throw the chip?

Has anyone used these on the front of a mog as well and did you have to use a reversing gear box?

I have the mog in 1000 box on the pto and running it at 1600 Rpm.

Cheers

Joe

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

How do?

I have bought a 660 pto chipper that I run off a u900 unimog. I am planning to put it on the front as the back tipping box I have is very large. One problem I have found is that it doesn't throw chip very far and that it struggles to drag brash in. I am going to take the blades off and sharpen them and also adjust the size of the chip as it's very small. Anyways what I am asking is has anyone had much to do with these chippers and what have you found that helps throw the chip?

Has anyone used these on the front of a mog as well and did you have to use a reversing gear box?

I have the mog in 1000 box on the pto and running it at 1600 Rpm.

Cheers

Joe

You need to rev the engine a little harder for staters, but realistically you will need to add a blower if you want to be able to chip conifer and blow it into the mog body.

Yes you will need to use a reversing gear box.

IMO you would be better buying a purpose built front mount, I've wasted a good amount of time and money messing about trying to get the wrong chipper to do the job.

What about sticking a drawbar and axel on the chipper?

That's what my dad said to do but it would be a nightmare to reverse in small lanes and my tipper only tips one way as it's off a transit.

What about sticking a drawbar and axel on the chipper?

That's what my dad said to do but it would be a nightmare to reverse in small lanes and my tipper only tips one way as it's off a transit. I haven't got a photo on this phone but I will get one and put it up.

There's a 5.5" front mount ducker for sale at AC Price, £4.5k play sell your other 1. Put that on and go and make some money.

That would work. If I had that money I would of bought a farmi 360 and used it for biomass. I know the farmi would chuck the chip far enough as I had used it before.

I doubt you can adjust the size of the chip,you can't adjust the anvil!

I think you need to just realise your set up isn't very good, yes it's a Mog and pto chipper but not been married up well.

Just get your head down and suffer it and save your money, experience will kick in soon and solutions will appear.