oleomac 981 efco 132t

huskykev

Efco 181 is the same as Oleo 981 if it helps you to google opinions.

Aborist site seems to quite like the Efco version. I've repaired and used a good number of Oleos and Efcos and I like them; no top handles, and none as big as the 181/981.

The 'pro' range (156/162 etc) are really well built IMO albeit not in a super modern style. Achilles heal is the clutch cover which is more fragile than it should be (magnesium; should have been plastic IMO).

I would imagine the build of the 181 is similar.

The semi-pro saws (146/152 etc) are more plastic, but still run very well and stand up to abuse.

The designs have been in use for some time now, and spares are fine albeit not as ubiquitous as Stihl or Husq.

A bit general, but that's all I have.

A couple of years ago orso I picked up a Oleo 981 that had been subjected to the dreaded straight gas on strip down the pot was " recoverable" so it was rebuilt with a new piston, & odds & ends & after the limiters were modded & tuned it ran really good I used it for a couple of months & was pleased with the performance not " your F1 " but always started 1st or 2nd pull cold & 1st hot My neighbor kept on at me to sell it to him & as I got fed up I sold to him to shut him up He has used it a lot & to date it still starts & runs well + he's had no problems I liked it & am a bit of an Oleo Mac Fan having several other models of theirs You could in my opinion do a lot worse than getting that one.

The best of the Emak brands (Efco and Oleomac) saws were the 62cc ones, that were discontinued for emission reasons some years ago. What they all share is that they are plain UGLY, aesthically extremely badly designed - and have bad AV + fit & finish.

There may be newer models that I don't know about (I know about some), and what I see doesn't look good at all....

Edited by SawTroll

The best of the Emak brands (Efco and Oleomac) saws were the 62cc ones, that were discontinued for emission reasons some years ago. What they all share is that they are plain UGLY, aesthically extremely badly designed - and have bad AV + fit & finish.

There may be newer models that I don't know about (I know about some), and what I see doesn't look good at all....

Troll won't rate it if its not a "Husky" no matter how well it performs