How do you deal with tiredness?

Stefan Palokangas

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to bear in mind is your not dragging and chipping 3-4 loads of brash a day hand balling tons of timber or working on multiple wind blow with large conifer on a hill putting 5 litres of fuel through a saw,teetering around on spikes dragging big saws around all day on a slimed up beast in gale force winds or any of the other crap forestry Arb jobs 5-6 days a week I can think of... your twiddling nobs on a self propelled machine which I have found some of the easiest money I've ever made in this game ,if you did any of the above I doubt you would even have the energy to come on Arb talk and be a martyr and repeatedly tell every one how many hours you have worked.. just saying.

I think the most demoralising thing is that we can't see an end in sight to retire at those of us who are mid 40s or 50 wanting to retire in 15 years it ain't gonna happen it's going to be 70 maybe more or even when we all do retire the government's won't have any money in place for a pension

Another thing to bear in mind is your not dragging and chipping 3-4 loads of brash a day hand balling tons of timber or working on multiple wind blow with large conifer on a hill putting 5 litres of fuel through a saw,teetering around on spikes dragging big saws around all day on a slimed up beast in gale force winds or any of the other crap forestry Arb jobs 5-6 days a week I can think of... your twiddling nobs on a self propelled machine which I have found some of the easiest money I've ever made in this game ,if you did any of the above I doubt you would even have the energy to come on Arb talk and be a martyr and repeatedly tell every one how many hours you have worked.. just saying.

I can remember last time I compered difference in work and how trying it is people didn't like it carefull u don't get called the big I am 😉😉

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

I drink loads of water during the day and eat plenty of veg and protein. Used to be a bit of a fitness freak back in my young days, so I learned a bit about food and health during that period, which I still try to stick to today but no way near as obsessive. Personally, a relatively good swimming session in the morning or somewhere during your day 3 days a week is good. :)

I agree the water consumption needs to be looked at. I found that by drinking about five pints a day not only do I feel less tired but it also stopped my muscle cramps.

This may also be linked with cutting out tea and coffee, low manufactured sugar consumption, I take the sugar from fresh fruit.

Less booze

Agree about the swimming We invested in a swimspa about four years ago which is indoors and is used every day. You swim into a powerful current.

Cut out general vacuous TV and select a program to watch if you must. Better to learn to play a musical instrument and use the time as a form of meditation.

Limit computer time

Pack up earlier and go to bed early.

I would strongly advise against a nap in the day as it means the sleep will be lighter at night.

Good pillow and mattress, quiet bedroom and a wife/partner that does not involuntarily kick in the night

Medical checkup for diabetes or other problems

All this might sound like a recipe for creating a boring old fart, but there is not much more boring than being around someone who is tired all the time. Perhaps short tempered with the tiredness.

As you become older you become weaker. Although I look fit and much the same as I did when I was twenty five apart from the hair loss, I cannot lift the two 56 lb weights above my head which I used to do with ease. Hopefully by the time you are in your sixties as I am you will have established your business enough to delegate much of the harder work and have earned enough to give yourself the breaks you deserve after a hard working life.

If you read the thread on sleep started by Gray you may just find sleep by reading Arbtalk posts!

Your eyes are becoming very heavy, you are becoming very sleepy, you need to lie down, you feel a great weight....................