Any geologists in the house?

aspenarb

Firstly a hydrologist is completely different from a hydrogeologist ,and if the problem occurs in several places and is due to pore pressure digging a drain will probably achieve nothing except denting your bank balance and upsetting your client. And as for spotting and guessing ,would you hire in expensive equipment on a guess ? Because you could soon make yourself look a right pratt. As for those old guys are you sure they are spotting and guessing you might find they have done their homework before coming on site,after all no point getting older if you don't get wiser,and a wise man never gives away the secret of his wisdom.

Wot ever type of 'ologist' it's all the same to me.

But old experienced folk that have been working with the local land, esp if involved with agri and draining will have came across this before if its common in that area and be able to give u a good indication from there experience if its easy fixable or not.

I'd imagine farmers would not want them in the middle of there best silage/arabe fields if they can help it

I'd i'd bet it would not involve many scientific words either

I'd imagine most would come out to look at the job and give u a free quote anyway where u can pick there brains.

If still not happy get an 'ologist' involved but i bet u will be 500 quid lighter before they have said an awful lot

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of something, soil liquefaction. Usually as a result of earthquakes! Have a look on another example I just saw on YouTube " extreme soil liquifaction" crazy stuff but the log thumb on the digger looks nice. Sorry to be no help, looks like your going to have to explore.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Arbtalk mobile app

• 2 weeks later...