What problems do 6th gen Hilux's have?

Woodworks

I have a 2010 hl2 double cab that I've had 4 years and true to the toyota it has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned. I have worked it hard from day 1 and have put about 60k miles on the clock with nothing needed except brake pads. The 2.5 is a bit gutless but I don't mind that. The clutch has smelt when reversing a heavy trailer so now I always drop it into low box. I do keep it regularly serviced.

I have a 2.5 single cab mk6, absolutely bullet proof! Not the most powerful engine because there not trying to squeeze every single last horse power out of it that they can and that's why it's so reliable!

It's just freakishly reliable and will carry massive loads all day, every day!!

Compared with a LandRover I expect there will be a lot of tumbleweeds on this thread!

We've had a 2006 Toyota Corolla D4D since 10k miles.... it's now done over 150k and the biggest job we've had to do is put on a new battery and alternator.

Although the anti-roll bar drop links need doing now due to driving over bumpy tracks.

cheers, steve

Compared with a LandRover I expect there will be a lot of tumbleweeds on this thread!

We've had a 2006 Toyota Corolla D4D since 10k miles.... it's now done over 150k and the biggest job we've had to do is put on a new battery and alternator.

Although the anti-roll bar drop links need doing now due to driving over bumpy tracks.

cheers, steve

Older cast iron block D4D 1CD-FTV 2.0 engine is bulletproof with the exception of the injector seal issue - did mine easy fix, see my thread on here. But doesn't apply to 2.5 :thumbup1:

I think there has been one or two hreads on here about replacement injectors and same on hpoc forum

As above

Doesn't affect 2.5s

:thumbup1:

3.0 better on fuel ime tho.