Imported kiln dry logs ?

JohnSlogs

After reading this went to the outide log pile, stuff that was split from this time last year onwards, outside my was 29 percent inner was lower at 20percent, obviously will change a bit when rained on hence y we usually bring it all undercover before now.

In the end of the day wood is a product if nature and nature can't all be perfect. U could argue it should be buyer beware, you could argue for mid selling products. In my opinion does it really matter if customers could see all this I think they would stop buying all together as they think they're causing too much hassle/ fights for what it's worth!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for the record I'm sitting on the fence I sorta agree with both sides of the argument, could always do some form of log showdown to see who sells the most or who has the least complaints from the customers to settle this "altercation" shall we say!

this is what discussion forums are all about, loads of people with different views arguing them out [emoji4]

Loose tipped. The transit is split into 3 cubic metre bays so we can go out to 3 different customers on 1 run if needed. Ideally a 7.5t with 5/6 cubic metre bags would be ideal but I would have to do the licence so opted against it. We sent a survey out to customers asking if they would rather them in bags and most came back saying loose is better as they have got to take it out of the bag in most cases anyway.

Bah!

It's a British thing. Everyone else in Europe seems to be able to dry their own firewood. We (collectively, as a nation) just can't be arsed.

It might be a British thing. But maybe because British housing developers insist on squeezing as many homes as possible into any area. I'm pretty lucky and have space for log stores but my house is 20 years old. Homes built 10 years ago can't park 2 cars on the drive. Visiting any of these estates after 6pm is a pain in the arse. Not much chance of these households surrendering 3m2 of driveway. And they've probably got a garden the size of a ping pong table!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It might be a British thing. But maybe because British housing developers insist on squeezing as many homes as possible into any area. I'm pretty lucky and have space for log stores but my house is 20 years old. Homes built 10 years ago can't park 2 cars on the drive. Visiting any of these estates after 6pm is a pain in the arse. Not much chance of these households surrendering 3m2 of driveway. And they've probably got a garden the size of a ping pong table!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree entirely, but in that situation a stove is possibly not advisable. Wood smoke (which you get even from a DEFRA approved stove) isn't ideal in densely populated areas.

Agreed. Buying firewood is a luxury, like having your garden landscaped.

Another thread maybe, buts its a total false economy to tell customers that installing a stove will save them money on their heating. ( unless the fuel is free )

It's a craze that I hope continues...only for personal gain