Imported kiln dry logs ?

JohnSlogs

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forestry commission have 20-30% everyone else is sub 25% why are you even bothering to post your not interested in what people think, when you look around at the other industry bodies they are pretty much in consensus at sub 25% your just trolling people.

This is too good....

You accuse me of trolling people... so I checkout your website...

On the product page on your website so what people click straight onto when they want to buy your firewood, THERE IS NO MENTION OF YOUR LOGS BEING SEASONED, DRY, KILN DRIED NOTHING! no mention of moisture contents either! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] if I went onto your website, when straight onto "online shop" because I wanted to buy something I wouldn't have a clue what I was buying.

Yes you've got it in a different section of your website that you have to go and look for and not on your product pages. Who's trolling the customer then!

Oh and this:

"Kiln Drying: We don't currently offer kiln dried logs, we feel that firewood should be as environmentally friendly as possible with minimal haulage and seasoned under cover by the sun and wind. force drying can change the structure of the wood so the log actually doesn't give as much heat due to some of the volatiles already being burned off. Kiln drying also has a carbon footprint and if the kiln is set at an improper temperature it can actually seal moisture into the log, although the outside might read 6% the internal mc can still be 35-40%"

Is complete and utter BS. So stop lying to your customers! You say firewood should have minimal haulage as possible because of the carbon footprint then offer NATIONAL DELIVERY! [emoji23][emoji23] I bet my kiln dried logs from 5 miles down the road and delivered 10 miles away and loose tipped has a lot less "carbon footprint" than yours from 5 miles away, delivered 300 miles in a bag that's been flown over from China! [emoji23][emoji23]

He's not trolling anyone!

If he's advertising by moisture content he's telling no lies.

It's just a different way of selling that you obviously disagree with.

disagree with or inaccurate his seasoned logs are kiln dried so whats the problem in calling them what they are 30%mc kiln dried logs instead of branding them seasoned and impacting merchants who actually provide decent quality seasoned logs under 20% MC

and to the other comment he isn't trolling people yes he is, he's made his post knowing exactly the reaction he would get he's been on here a number of years now and knows the divide between kiln driers and air drying merchants and marketing his wet logs with the same reference as others use for ready to burn logs, it's confrontational!

This is too good....

You accuse me of trolling people... so I checkout your website...

On the product page on your website so what people click straight onto when they want to buy your firewood, THERE IS NO MENTION OF YOUR LOGS BEING SEASONED, DRY, KILN DRIED NOTHING! no mention of moisture contents either! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] if I went onto your website, when straight onto "online shop" because I wanted to buy something I wouldn't have a clue what I was buying.

Yes you've got it in a different section of your website that you have to go and look for and not on your product pages. Who's trolling the customer then!

Oh and this:

"Kiln Drying: We don't currently offer kiln dried logs, we feel that firewood should be as environmentally friendly as possible with minimal haulage and seasoned under cover by the sun and wind. force drying can change the structure of the wood so the log actually doesn't give as much heat due to some of the volatiles already being burned off. Kiln drying also has a carbon footprint and if the kiln is set at an improper temperature it can actually seal moisture into the log, although the outside might read 6% the internal mc can still be 35-40%"

Is complete and utter BS. So stop lying to your customers! You say firewood should have minimal haulage as possible because of the carbon footprint then offer NATIONAL DELIVERY! [emoji23][emoji23] I bet my kiln dried logs from 5 miles down the road and delivered 10 miles away and loose tipped has a lot less "carbon footprint" than yours from 5 miles away, delivered 300 miles in a bag that's been flown over from China! [emoji23][emoji23]

I don't put MC up because 1 bag is different to the other but if you want to know my logs are dried in a pollytunnel and they measure from 10% to 18%

I recommend buying local but I'm willing to supply nationwide it's not for me to lecture where people buy their logs I gave an opinion but people are free to choose.

you disagree with the kiln usage give me proof so far you flap your gumns offer no evidence for anything slander/defame proffesional merchants and basically shame the industry with your cowboy antics.

Give me proof that 20% kiln dried logs are inferior to 20% air dried?

I'm not being confrontational, I'm just voicing my views.

I'm not slandering anyone? I'm a professional merchant, 2 other of the "bigger" Forewood merchants around here all advertise seasoned at 30% and kiln dried at 20%.

I don't have cowboy antics? I sell 2 quality products that all burn very well. Like I said I have thousands of happy customers and to date no negative feedback about my firewood.

Where do you recommend buying local? So you don't put the moisture content on your page because each bag can be different, so how do people know what they are buying when looking on your product page? It could be fresh for all they know? It doesn't mention anything bout pollytonnels or moisture contents, size of log, length of log, what hardwood it is? All it shows in your pictures are bags stacked up outside? So do you leave all your bags outside? If it rains is the customer going to get wet logs delivered?

These are all things a customer would be thinking.

So you give an opinion but people are free to choose? Sounds about the same as me then doesn't it? I tell people exactly what they are buying and they are free to choose?

I don't put MC up because 1 bag is different to the other but if you want to know my logs are dried in a pollytunnel and they measure from 10% to 18%

Out of curiosity if I bought wood from you and then split it with an axe would it still be 10-18% on that split face? I don't know anyone who can get it that low internally around here without a lot of time and work

The bottom line is you can sell whatever you like, there are no lies being told or deception, however, ask ANY stove retailer, Hetas engineers, 99% of all firewood sellers and they will universally quote 25% or less. If you could, would you prefer to sell your 2 products at 25% for seasoned or kiln dried at 15%

Is that achievable or does it take too long in the kiln?

The bottom line is you can sell whatever you like, there are no lies being told or deception, however, ask ANY stove retailer, Hetas engineers, 99% of all firewood sellers and they will universally quote 25% or less. If you could, would you prefer to sell your 2 products at 25% for seasoned or kiln dried at 15%

Is that achievable or does it take too long in the kiln?

I agree with those numbers but in my experience the moisture content is usually taken on the surface of a log if it's 15% on the outside but wetter in middle it will still burn well.