540 xp rear av broken

Root and branch sw

I have had this saw on light duties not been abused and yet the rear av is broken. Looks like the rear spring deformed and then broke the plastic off the bottom casing. This saw was 540 plus quid and now just out of warranty. I own two 346 xps ,575xp ,560xp ,3120xp Husqvarna Blower, all really good, why can't they make a good top handle. After 18 years of only being able to use sthil I thought husky hand made a brake through, very disappointed, this seems to be a massive design floor. Has any one else had this problem by any chance,

• 2 months later...

Well I haven't got on well, my saw is still broken, I can't ever put my saw in the shop to be repaired as it's now in constant use, it is out of warranty, so think it's time to strip it down over Christmas and start hunting for a new case and av spring, have they uprated the rear av mount do you know, or is it time to fix my 200t,

Think someone said its been strengthened in that area now but havnt seen a new one yet to verify

Yes it has thicker plastic, also a little strengthening bit and apparently it's a different compound of plastic.

As a shameless plug we have them for sale on the web site if you get stuck trying to source one. Just make sure it is the latest part from whoever you buy it from. I will post the part number up later on when I'm back on the pc.