Anyone still advertise in yellow pages and yell.com?

Rye Oil Ltd

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack it Jon, they are truly awful.

That kind of money could buy you a lot of web presence and local advertising.

Previous threads on here to sift through as well.

When was the last time you used the Yellow Pages?

It's a shame really, I loved the ads they used to do, but when they started bare-faced lying to me I bailed.

'Yell.com is currently receiving 500 hits a day for tree work in Hamstreet.'

There aren't 500 houses in Hamstreet!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I binned them 2 years ago, they were pretty inept, noever made the changes I asked for and if they did they got them wrong. I haven't paid them for 2 years and have cancelled my deal with them but I can't get them to remove my listing. It contains errors.

Hi,

Do I read this correct, over 10K a year ?

As Mark suggests you could get a lot of hosting with a nice web site for around £900 & spend the rest of something else

get rid ASAP

N

I sacked them 4 yrs ago jon and lost no work! Says it all really.

Yell were on a hiding to know where when the Internet kicked off and as mark says they lie like dormant siphalus!

I ditched them this year after using them for 10 years. Just didn't get anything like enough work through them anymore.

If I did get a call it was Mrs Muggins wanting her apple tree pruned. And then find out 5 others were quoting as well. No thanks.

Yell advertise my site free of charge don't no how some old boy just rang up and said i got your number off yell thought he was confused checked its on there:confused1:

I was told today by Yell that your site will come up on yell if someone does a direct search for your name, you have a free listing.

I ditched them today after 31 years of advertising with them.

They made a fatal mistake of putting call counters on all of our adverts last year and it backfired on them :)

Yellow pages used to be our main source of work but times move on.

Cheers guys, your answers pretty much sum up what I was feeling. It seems a ridiculous amount of cash to fork out, and there is no way we get that back in new customers. There may be a few old folk that still use yellow pages, so we may get a bit of business for the fuel deliveries that way, but no where near enough to justify the cost.

The bloke is coming round next week, so I think he is going to be sent packing :thumbup: